What do you do to cut expenses down?

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh no, that's awful. Do you have someone who can help you out for awhile?
I have some venison in the freezer to last me a while, I have been on a carnivore diet for a couple of years now and dont really want to veer from it, I might have to a bit though 😄. Oh well, Its the middle of Spring so The vegetable garden will be in full swing very soon...Tomatoes ! 🤤

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I cut my barn cat back to 1/2 can of food per day. She's >10 years old so I like her to come inside daily so I can check on her. Canned food is good motivation. She doesn't need a whole can though! (She gets dry food in the barn too.)

I still get my little luxury, but at half the cost.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This has been a way I always save money. I just processed my last load of venison I had in the freezer. 28 pounds of Venison sausages, I dont expect they will last long though..I love sausages.

Image 19-11-22 at 2.23 PM.jpeg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks good. What are you using for the fat? Venison here is very lean (Virginia, USA) and you primarily hunt.

How's your bicep rupture healing for you?

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looks good. What are you using for the fat? Venison here is very lean (Virginia, USA) and you primarily hunt.

How's your bicep rupture healing for you?
I use pork fat in the sausages, I get it from people who raise pigs, and I save it myself if I shoot a wild pig. The deer here are extremely lean as most are.

The Bicep tendon seems to be healing well after surgery, I can't lift anything with that arm until Jan 31st and then will begin physio -strength training. Its extremely frustrating because we have amazing weather right now and I can't go spearfishing 😭

Latest posts