What do you do... when you have a bad day?

Phaedra

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I will go to the garden, observe plants and play with our hens, quails, cats, and dogs, make some good dishes, write real letters to friends, etc.

As bay said, things will go out of our control, but we still hold the key to the decision - there would be bad moments, but not necessarily the entire 24 hours on that specific day.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
today is kind of an example of how it is just important for me to keep going no matter what. i'm getting stuff done that needs to be done and it will be easier tomorrow or the next day to only have to clean what i don't get done today which also will be easier cleaning tasks. so i'm kinda over the hump as soon as i get my bed made again. that is if i don't throw the washing machine out in the road and run over it with the car a few hundred times first... heh...
Sometimes productivity IS self-care :hugs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope. Just decided not to waste my time and energy on negative things. It took a lot of practice, tears and Jack Daniels Black label. Everyone has hard times, bad things happen, everything blows up, everything goes wrong. You can let those things take control and run/ruin your life, or you can take control of your life and deal with things as they come up. Give thanks for the good things in life and don’t dwell on the bad.

I take a problem, wrestle with it, solve it the best I can, take what’s left and toss it in a gunny sack. I cut a hole in the sack, throw it over my shoulder, go forward and don’t look back.

similar to me, but i just put it down to i'm not here to be miserable, so after a bit of grieving it is time to look forwards and get on with life. there is always something to enjoy, something beautiful to see, animals that are interesting and facinating, people who enjoy the things i do, like gardening and bean growing and collecting, etc.

Latest posts