What do you do... when you have a bad day?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As always @baymule simply amazing.
Nope. Just decided not to waste my time and energy on negative things. It took a lot of practice, tears and Jack Daniels Black label. Everyone has hard times, bad things happen, everything blows up, everything goes wrong. You can let those things take control and run/ruin your life, or you can take control of your life and deal with things as they come up. Give thanks for the good things in life and don’t dwell on the bad.

I take a problem, wrestle with it, solve it the best I can, take what’s left and toss it in a gunny sack. I cut a hole in the sack, throw it over my shoulder, go forward and don’t look back.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope. Just decided not to waste my time and energy on negative things. It took a lot of practice, tears and Jack Daniels Black label. Everyone has hard times, bad things happen, everything blows up, everything goes wrong. You can let those things take control and run/ruin your life, or you can take control of your life and deal with things as they come up. Give thanks for the good things in life and don’t dwell on the bad.

I take a problem, wrestle with it, solve it the best I can, take what’s left and toss it in a gunny sack. I cut a hole in the sack, throw it over my shoulder, go forward and don’t look back.

similar to me, but i just put it down to i'm not here to be miserable, so after a bit of grieving it is time to look forwards and get on with life. there is always something to enjoy, something beautiful to see, animals that are interesting and facinating, people who enjoy the things i do, like gardening and bean growing and collecting, etc.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Agree. My bad day is mostly from not getting enough sleep. So I took a nap and tried hot to fret about "what's wrong?" I don't handle stress well, so the dog-attack-cat incident on Friday messed up everything - GI, sleep, allergies, muscle pain, and dizziness. 🤦‍♀️ I could fret about all of it or just focus on what I can do something about: eat fiber, take supplements, go to the gym (not many movement opportunities on my place in winter), and take a nap. Maybe a second nap too.
I went to bed very early and slept 14 hours. *poof* all better!

Phaedra

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I will go to the garden, observe plants and play with our hens, quails, cats, and dogs, make some good dishes, write real letters to friends, etc.

As bay said, things will go out of our control, but we still hold the key to the decision - there would be bad moments, but not necessarily the entire 24 hours on that specific day.