What do you have in your Bugout Bag?

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We don't have a bug out bag, but we do carry many of those things with us in the truck. My faith is in the Lord, but we tend to try to prepare for whatever this life throws our way.
I'd add a roll of duct tape and probably witch hazel. It's useful for a ton of things (and from a prior post, maybe castor oil?) I never knew it was so handy. I've never used it myself but it's now on my shopping list. And I was reading a thread here (maybe under natural remedies) about how egg membrane can be dried and saved. That stuff is really awesome for drawing poison out of a wound. Fun discussion!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol no but Texas is a gun friendly state. NH has good (relaxed) gun laws but a lot of people are freaked out by it. My DH open carries sometimrs (not much anymore), he's had people freak out.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I don't either. But his .45 doesn't fit in his pants pocket, lol. So unless he's always wearing long shirts, it just happens sometimes. I've really realized lately my .40 is too heavy to carry around in a purse all the time (I have neck and migraine issues)... Might have to get a second...

But I digress...
get one of these...
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-638

163070_01_lg_0.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are located about 9 miles from 3 small towns. So we are not far from the amenities of modern living. but in a SHTF situation, they may not be available anyway.