What does your user name mean?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Well, look on a map to see where Timmins Ontario is, then look for Chatham Ontario is. We are now 12 hours south of where we used to be.

and yes, if we do buy a lodge, then online acquaintances will be MORE than welcome!!!! And, we will be ating the Nourshing Traditions way. :p

Hubby thinks that I will go into withdrawal after the kids leave th house, I won't ahave anyone to cook and bake for , well, except him, and he knows I love it so much, so, we are dreaming right now.
Boy, wasn't I being just a bit of an ugly American, forgetting how big Canada is! :/ You open that lodge and feed me NT foods and I'm there! :hugs

debo4702

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Mines not to hard. Debo is short for Deborah or Debbi which is my name and when I was much younger alot of my friends just call me Debo. 4702 is actually my paramedic number so since its a number I have to remember anyway its one that I use.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Easy-Friends always called me Lor (name is Lori) and I'm proud to be a farmer from a long, long line of farmers.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I am the mom, aka da' mummis. Girls called me that when they were little and it stuck.

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mine I got from Radical Homemakers- a book I read and loved last summer.

I love this thread. I'm so glad I found out what sk8erpn means. (I also read it as skate-r-pin) I thought "is he a skateboarder or something" :lol: That one had me stumped.

miss_thenorth said:
Is mine obvious? We used to live up north, near Timmins Ontario. We absolutely LOVED it. then hubby got a job down here in the sucky south.

I wanna go back up north, cuz I miss it!!!

lately, we've been talking about moving back up there. Dh even applied for a job, and we are even considering buying a lodge of sorts with cabins, to cater to hunters/fishermen snowmobilers, etc.
No way! A few years back on vacation in Canada, my husband and I got lost in a place...I think it was Sudbury...maybe. We got all turned around and wound up spending the night in Timmons.

Oh, I love the resort idea. That's the perfect place for it. We use to vacation "up north" a lot. And if you love to take care of people that is an excellent idea for you all.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Is mine obvious? We used to live up north, near Timmins Ontario. We absolutely LOVED it. then hubby got a job down here in the sucky south.

I wanna go back up north, cuz I miss it!!!

lately, we've been talking about moving back up there. Dh even applied for a job, and we are even considering buying a lodge of sorts with cabins, to cater to hunters/fishermen snowmobilers, etc.
I've always envisioned you as some kind of dog sledding pageant queen! Instead of Miss Kentucky or Miss America, You are Miss of all the North!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
No way! A few years back on vacation in Canada, my husband and I got lost in a place...I think it was Sudbury...maybe. We got all turned around and wound up spending the night in Timmons.
Wow!!!! Sudbury to Timmins--you WERE lost :p --Timmins is about a 3-4 drive north of Sudbury. But if you did go up hwy 144, you would have passed the turn off to Horwood lake Lodge.

I've always envisioned you as some kind of dog sledding pageant queen! Instead of Miss Kentucky or Miss America, You are Miss of all the North!
That's a hoot!!!!

Latest posts