What excites you?

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Javamama said:
One more thing...when I meet a like-minded person who just "gets" the whole SS idea.
I second that.
:frow I will go with that too :clap

And Yes the smilies too :woot

If I find an item being thrown out and I repurpose it into my treasure :love :bun

:frow Karan :D :D :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am excited about the promise of a new 150' garden hose for my anniversary next week. My old one has a major leak. I also hinted at a new flashlight to go with that garden hose.:fl

One good thing about my DH is that he knows jewelry, and fancy pj's will not be used. Zip ties, tools (garden and mechanic), hardware cloth, etc are things that make exciting gifts for me.

Things that make me smile and please me daily are my DH's willingness to work with me on canning, gardening, or any other thing that has to be done. We make a great team with the harvest and canning/freezing/processing of everything we do.

He may not always be onboard with all my SS wishes but with most he is there and willing to work harder than I am. (Well everything except the goats - he just won't even discuss that with me anymore.) Maybe I will surprise him with one next week.:lol:

We both love to sit at the completion of a task and bask in the tiredness of it. Sometimes to discuss how well we did and sometimes to discuss how next time we will do this different.

Homegrown tomatos, potatos, onions, melons, to name a few items that make me not only excited but proud.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My hobbies while younger are still what excite me now.....horseback riding is number 1, then all water sports, etc. etc. That all will never change.

Getting a new truck, all my fancy jewlery I used to buy, all that stuff.....well it still excites me but not enough to buy it anymore. I love to window shop, not to buy. One thing I would love is a new truck but not willing to pay for it..HA HA HA.

I was always a country/animal lover gal growing up in a city neighborhood...and once out on my own, straight to be a landowner with horses. So it worked well for me that way.

Doing the chores etc. in life the basic way is kinda exciting, but not a big chore gal so I just smile and drudge along with daily stuff. But I do admire myself for learning easier basic methods, etc. and conservation to make my time a little lighter here on the planet.

What excites me now is gaining more time. Buying less and working less hard and just relaxing thru life and camping and such. So doing more by hand the old fashioned way means more time and money for fun in life.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ernie excites me...............oh wait ....er.... :hide

Garage sales!

Finding good deals at those Garage Sales!!

My chickens!!

My children!!

HAVING MY HOUSE BACK TO MYSELF AFTER TOMORROW!! :ya

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I think I need to add that reading ya'lls postings is exciting.

Since yesterday, I have learned 3 new things:

1. I can freeze peels off tomatoes
2. I can cook tomatoes for sauce in a slow cooker
3. Don't get between Quail and Ernie when she gets excited :gig

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. Being able to grow and put up food for my family.

2. Goodwill/garage sales and the great finds just waiting to be found at them.

3. The simple things in life that many overlook or take for granted. Watching my kids grow, listening to the birds sing, even being able to walk, and many more but those type of things.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
GREAT WEATHER
that is exciting truly...means I can hang out laundry.

stuck today, rainy, misty, cloudy and all that mess....where is the sun. If the sun came out I would be excited! :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm answering without reading beyond the first post so I'm sure I'll come up with more!
A rainbow. A few days back we had rain/sun off and on all day. I knew there was a rainbow out there somewhere. I was driving back from buying some thread :D and there it was! I smiled so hard I had tears in my eyes.
Baby animals, especially feathered and furred.
The sound of an owl.
Spotting a turtle sunning itself.
Watching a scarlet tanager land in the huge white pine tree in my yard. It happens about once every 5 years. I still want to call everyone I know to tell them!
Things that remind me of my grandparents. Like the smell of warm garden soil or drying herbs. New potatoes and fresh asparagus. Homemade strawberry jam on freshly baked white bread will always remind my grandmother! She made the best.
A ripe tomato I've grown myself. Green beans fresh from the garden-raw and warm with sunshine.
The smell of a newly opened box of crayons. All those colors! All those possibilities!
Polishing the table in my kitchen. It belonged to my great grandmother over 100 years ago. It was passed to me by my aunt. It's in rough shape but I love it just the same.
In spring, when the leaves have just started to come out and they're such a bright shade of green against the blue sky it almost hurts your eyes!
Trees in autumn. It never fails to astonish me.
An egg still warm from the nest box. You'd think it would be old news but it still excites me.
Fireflies.
Seeing a blue heron fly overhead.
#1-the sound of my son laughing, truly laughing. No better sound in the world!
I don't need a lot of fancy new stuff. I drive a 1994 Volvo wagon given to us by friends. Yup, given. I love that car as much as any new car I've ever owned. :cool:
Okay, now I'm going to read everyone else's and see what I've forgotten.

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
my husband excites me even after 30 years I still get excited when I see him :)

my dogs give me lots of excitment

and wandering around ..I really love to wander in the woods..in the city ...anywhere I just love wandering it is very exciting to start walking with out a plan and just find things to look at

I do get excited about things I plant that grow as well

talking to strangers who are a bit off the wall is also exciting you never know who people are until you talk to them ..so I have befriended a few homeless folks in my time :)