What food do you hate?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Fresh spinach is the same I believe...being high in oxalic acid. Glad you survived!!! I'd have probably had a panic attack. I can't stand not being able to breathe.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently cooking the beets must neutralize things, because I've never had a problem with the freshest beets when I boil or roast them. hmmm

For me, the foods I hate are caraway seeds, cooked apricots, and raw oysters. It's the texture of the oysters- I don't like the fact that they are sliding down your throat before you've even decided if you want to eat it or not. The other two are a taste problem. Even one caraway seed can ruin a whole dish for me, and cooked apricots or apricot nectar will make me gag.

I also don't eat lamb or mutton, but that's because I am allergic to it. Very hard to feel enthusiastic about eating something when you know you'll be throwing it up in less than 30 minutes. Good thing I don't live in New Zealand!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I could eat bananas but I'm allergic to them. I don't eat oysters because I once had a bad one and the worst food poisoning episode. I really don't like fish but will eat it if I cook it for the kids because I tell them to eat what I cook so I try to lead by example and always point out "I'm eating the fish!" I use to get sick when I ate eggs but it turns out just to be store bought eggs make me sick. I hate fish and have got where I can hardly eat seafood of any kind. I will make garbanzo beans like tuna salad instead and my family hardly notices the difference but I can. That I like.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm thinking of more and more things I dislike eating now. Never realised I'm so fussy! lol This may sound strange but I cannot eat and will do anything to avoid just about any baked puddings. I'm not sure why, but for as long as I can remember I've not been a fan of baked puddings. Eating them makes me feel queasy. I guess they're just too rich for me. And custard! Oh no. I can't stand the stuff.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I actually like fried chicken livers as long as they're crispy. And I like beans. It's the seafood, namely crustaceans, that gag me to death.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beans are kind of....filler..anyway. I have told people I'm allergic to shellfish because they won't quit with the "here, just try it!" Ummm....can these people even smell?! That's not going in my mouth.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I dislike beets too. I love tuna and brussel sprouts though lol! Rueben sandwich...never had one but I think I'd like them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was not a fun time! Scared the daylights outta me and I'm not usually that way. I can dang near cut a finger off and marvel at how I can see the bone - or "weed whack" my leg and wonder how that skin that's hanging down is ever gonna grow back the right way, lol. But the beet episode was worrisome to say the least.