What hours are you keeping?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I am going 7 days to Cape Hatteras on July 20 and I KNOW I WILL be in bed by 9 each night. Plan on running myself ragged with fun and collapsing. GOOD DEAL for me..HA HA HA
:ya :weee :ya

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I'm usually in bed by 11 pm, dozing on the couch by 10:30.

I am almost always up by 7 am, no matter what. Even if I stayed up till 2 am, I'd still be up.

I wish I was the type of person who could take naps during the day. I can be so tired sometimes, but as soon as I settle for a nap, my brain fires up. So, I get back up.

My sleep pattern seems to go in cycles. Sometimes 6 outta 7 nights I sleep well. Other times, I'm lucky to get 3 good nights per week.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I am up at 6am most mornings but will sleep in til 7am on weekends. Chores, shower, communicate with family and its off to work by 8:30 or 9am, and I never know when that work day will end....sometimes around 4pm and sometimes not until 8 pm. And sometimes not until the next day after I should be getting up again. :rolleyes:

Then home, chores, supper, sort out things for the next day to do it all again. In between all that I try to spend quality time with my kids.

Most of the time I am on call, so I can get called out in the middle of the night or I can just help over the phone---but not usually. Even if you get called out all night, you still have to see your scheduled patients the next day.

So....I don't have any set schedule in my life, which I really miss, and I sometimes get to bed by 10pm but rarely. Ideally, I would like to be in bed by 10pm and up by 6 am every day.

And, no, I don't get enough rest! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
1. what time you are typically getting up? 7:00 am
2. what time you are typically going to bed? 10:00 to 11:00
3. does that coincide with the sunrise/sunset in your area? no
4. how much sleep are you getting? um..not enough right now because DH wakes up every couple hours needing help turning in bed.
5. is it enough? not really
6. are you working outside the homestead? no

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wow, Bee, you are amazing! I would probably keel over dead or fall asleep driving if I had to do that day in and day out. I am in awe!

I'm sorry, Quail, that must be hard. :hugs

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and bedtime right now is 10-11 p.m. It's fieldwork time so it's late nights but, I still have to get up for chores and milking. I'm just glad DH isn't one to work until midnight or later and try to make it on only a couple hours of sleep. I don't get enough as it is.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hey Frosting, sounds like we are in the same boat when it comes to sleep. Hang in there. The days are getting shorter. I assume you will get more sleep in fall and winter?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All this talk about " sleep" WHATS THAT!?? :/ I get up about 6 am..am outside by 7 am. ( I NEED my coffee time, and time to talk to God)
Working around the place untill about noon, then come inside to get dinner ready for Hubby...pack his lunch, send him off to work at 2, then back outside untill about 8 sometimes as late as 10 pm. Come inside, get a shower, a little something to eat, then settle in with coffee and computer time. Bed by midnight..but I dont sleep..I think I just collaps! ;) I have never had to take a pill to sleep....and hope I never do. Rainy days...I clean house...its a non stop job, so I dont work outside the farm. I have plenty to do here. :p

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Hey Frosting, sounds like we are in the same boat when it comes to sleep. Hang in there. The days are getting shorter. I assume you will get more sleep in fall and winter?
Yep! Sometimes, I joke that I hibernate like a bear, except for chores and milking. :D

justusnak said:
but I dont sleep..I think I just collaps!
I say that I pass out! I don't usually hear anything until the alarm goes off. When the kids were little I would here them at the tiniest little fuss but, now they are bigger and if they need/want me they have to come and wake me! :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 am this morning..............
at 7:15, I took two little blue pills....Halcion I believe they are called....
We left the house at 7:45 and I can remember the first 500 ft of the ride.........
next thing I remember is the wife attempting to get me into the dentists office............after that...the next thing I remember is seeing my bed and thinking to myself "boy that sure looks inviting".............
I woke up around 2:30 pm, and had to pee really bad.....and I was in one of those drug induced "fogs" :lol: My day has been shot in the arse ever since.
But on the good side....I remember NOTHING of the dentist visit!
:gig :gig :gig

Latest posts