What I did right today........... or enough doom and gloom

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
It's been on the news for the last couple of days that an early winter storm is coming (those west, get ready) so when I got up, I logged on the weather site first thing. It wasn't yet raining but the site said it was expected by about 9 am.
I logged off right away, got my raingear on for the first time this season and went out to do chores. Got the goaties cleaned up and did the same for the horses. Fed all.
Found the horses rainsheets and put them on- cleaned the yard up from the dog messes, put the manure carts under cover, checked for loose stuff that might fly away.
Then made it back to house before it was doing anymore than sprinkling. I've been watching the wind blow and the rain pound down from the toasty warm (well, at least thermometer set to 65-lol) house, feeling very satisfied with myself
I had already cleaned the drainage ditches the day before yesterday. And takbagged up some compost to keep in the garage for gardening (gets too wet to move otherwise. )
So I plan to putter the day away doing long neglected housework and vacuum packing some things I bought yesterday.

So what have you done right lately?

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
We see the same storm comming... just a couple of days later. Yay for you on anticipating! We mowed and weed eated the grasses, 4 to 5 feet high, cleaned the chicken house and harvested the onion crop. The wood stove pipes got cleaned yesterday in anticipation of needing a fire. Get ready here comes fall in a big way!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EnjoytheRide

I bow to you....you got your butt moving after seeing the forecast.....great deal!

I do the same thing. Rain is my worst enemy at the barn....ugh....just hate doing feeding etc. at the barn in RAIN or ice storm or anything like that. So I do the same as you...I hear rain is coming, look at the sky and know I have 15 mins. before the big storm hits with the wind and all, and I am off like a shot, closing garage doors, feeding critters, batten down the hatches....and yup, that feeling of accomplishment is wonderful! You can always feel great comfort knowing all is done outside when weather is bad and you are holed up inside warm and finsihed! COOL

edited to say---oh what did I do right today

major sinus headache from first thing this morning.
got loaded up and got hog from processer
met customers to sell farm products
went to office supply store
went to grocery store for a minute and HELD myself to 1 item I needed...WHOOT!
home and did laundry
wrapping soap for market tomorrow
washing tons of eggs for market tomorrow
no dinner tonight so that is great!
UHHMMM....I guess what I did right was get thru the day without overdosing on sinus pills..HA HA

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What I did right today:
Went to work
DID NOT SNAP AT MY BOSS
Ran some errands for my mother
Stopped at feed store to inquire about plucking fingers
Cut the heads off of bunch of sunflowers
Fed chickies
Made dinner (well, reheated dinner)
Put two light bulbs in the coop
Added another 2hr slot to the light timer
Going to go take a sauna

did I do this right? :caf

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I wouldn't complain about a quick FREEZE at this point - I'm tired of BUGS.

I did some sewing today, for my daughter, making her halloween outfit (ballerina) I had a nice productive day in the sewing room.

I also gave the smelly dog a bath. Caused much laughter when she did her COUCH RUB afterwards.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
What I did right today:

Made 2 really pretty flower gardens with things I already have. I thinned out some japanese iris', lillies and a guara. Then, I went up to the field where my DS has an ATV track and picked up field rock. That accomplished 2 things: 1) got rock off the track & 2) made a cute rock border for the garden. I used some pine nuggets we bought weeks ago that were discounted because of torn packaging. This didn't cost me anything but time. That''s a good thing. :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
I wouldn't complain about a quick FREEZE at this point - I'm tired of BUGS.

I did some sewing today, for my daughter, making her halloween outfit (ballerina) I had a nice productive day in the sewing room.

I also gave the smelly dog a bath. Caused much laughter when she did her COUCH RUB afterwards.
:lol: Ours usually do the BED RUB.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I visited a lonely little lady spending her first day in the nursing home.

And I made my boys go work the first day of our church's firewood ministry today....doing something right by proxy count? :D

We will all go tomorrow, starting at 8 am and finishing at 6 pm. You never saw boys work so hard! For some reason, working with a bunch of men really seems fun to them and they work to compete and impress. As I am one of the few women who dirty their hands with splitting firewood, I guess I have to compete also! Show those men who can outwork who here! ;)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by such hard-working folks on a SS site, but WOW!!!

I've made the decision to go to market tomorrow, so I spent a lot of the day picking, washing and packing things for the early morning market tomorrow:

lettuce, spinach, squash, basil, tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, chard, kale and summer squash.

Washed some windows. Gathered eggs and had a nice walk with my kids. Had a family supper together after hubby back from bowhunting. Read the comic strip my 8 year old created today and even managed to laugh at it, even though I still don't "get" it :) About 4 hours of medical transcription and still working on that...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Latest posts