What I did right today........... or enough doom and gloom

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Another in life's self-satisfied moments.
Yesterday the weather people said we might have a frost so I took the last of the year's herbs out of the garden and did a massive dehydrating thing . Also brought in the potted ginger plant, which is really sensative to cold, into the house.
This morning I got up early, before the animals started screaming for breakfast, to worm the adult goats, start cocci preventative on the kids and wormed the two horses. The animals were all so good about it- maybe not yet awake enough to object much. Even my head tossing mare only gave a couple of flips before she stopped and let me give te wormer to her.
All much easier than normal- when I ususlly do it the animals have been cranked up for breakfast and things are not so smooth.
Only hitch was my new little buckling, who had never had a drench, back into my legs with his horns- I hate horns. lol
But as soon as he figured how good it tastes, he was fine too.
Now for my breakfast.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You rock Morel!
That certainly is heavy work!
:weee

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
What did I do? What I've been meaning to do all summer: scrape, prime and paint lots of scuzzy outdoor trim on garage and porch lattice (ick); also, rinse 4 bu of apples (drops, of course) in dilute bleach/water and dry...and keep in touch with family about my elderly aunt's passing the day before...and also adjust to our daughter's cat getting fatally hit...and well, just be grateful for all our blessings we tend to forget when busy.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Yesterday.....made a scarecrow 'family' in the likeness of us, lol...canned pork, cleaned the coop and picked up dog poop. Today? I plan on getting feed and other 'supplies', sewing some skirts, and scrubbing the floors....although its supposed to be nice out...might build some nesting boxes, lol

*warning, I'm a chic with power tools, and I know how to use them! ROFL*

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what I did right today, but just the whole day feels right!!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I finally cleaned out my fridge the otherday(weds). Boy does it look nice in there. And I planted more lettuce & radishes in my tires too. Now I need to make some plastic greenhouse tents in case it gets for my fall garden plants & I can have fresh vegies all winter long. Cleaning house today as ds#1 & his dgf are coming for supper tonight.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We finished the new roof on one of the chicken coops. Started working on a brooder inside the large coop. Oh and I watched a chick hatch today!!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We returned from south Louisiana yesterday and I found that a friend has been feeling down and worried about what the results of his upcoming medical tests will be. So... as a pick me up, I brought him some extra hot, good ol' Louisiana Hog's Head Cheese.

Took his mind off the upcoming tests real quick. Now the only thing he's worried about is the loss of a bit of stomach lining!:D

We're making a large pot of Gumbo tonight, and I'll bring him a big bowl of that tomorrow. You can't eat good gumbo and worry about anything!

Mark