What I did right today........... or enough doom and gloom

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
doing something right by proxy count? :D
ABSOLUTELY! That means you already did the long, hard work of teaching your kids to work all those years! Way to go!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They told me the other day they were getting tired of getting loaned out to help all those widows and such! :D Hey, when you can't give money, you give the most valuable thing you have....your kid's time! :cool:

They really like doing the firewood ministry, so I didn't have to goad them. They get fed....Will Work for Food! :rolleyes:

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We are supposed to get the same storm tomorrow late afternoon, so today I cleaned my kitchen, did 3 loads of laundry & hung out too. Schoolwork including starting a pinata with ds it is drying on my island. After the kids are in bed(pretty quick here) I will get the cushions of the old sofa & put a few stitches in them before we take it to my uncle tomorrow. And I will put another load of laundry in the washer so it will be ready to hang out in the morning & I will only have 2 more to wash in the morning then & laundry will all be done & caught up for a few days to get us thru till the rain stops. Tomorrow will be our big work day around here. If it is raining on Sunthen maybe I can finally get dh to help me finish emptying all the boxes so we will finally be all moved in!!!! And get the whole house cleaned too! Then next week I can get started on my sewing projects for Christmas. Need to bake bread too tomorrow will use my machine for the dough & bake in the oven.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, this morning I got chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys all fed. Patted the goats for a few minutes, made sure they had fresh water. Cleaned my livingroom, fixed breakfast, washed dishes....um...and now I am on my butt infront of the computer LOL

In a few minutes I will be leaving to go to my mom's. My dad's truck broke down yesterday so now they are down to one vehicle so my husband and I will be going over there to fix the truck for them. :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D:D:D
I did the only thing that matters, I checked the nest boxes. Yes, yes people I found (drum roll please) an EGG!!!:weee

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
roosmom said:
enjoy the ride said:
Congratulations- I feel an omlette coming on.
:lol:
:th Did I mention I dont think I can eat it?? How stupid eh?
OH EAT IT !!

I know how odd it seems at first, perhaps the best bet is to boil it - then you don't have to crack it open before its ready to eat. :D
Egg and Mayo sandwich!

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
roosmom said:
:th Did I mention I dont think I can eat it?? How stupid eh?
I didn't eat RIR Miss Henry's first egg of the new flock last year. I set it in an old bird nest on a safe shelf and it dried out to be a keepsake for me. Hundreds of eggs later, we take eating fresh eggs as a natural part of our day. I just love my sweet hens :D

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow. I am mega-impressed with the good deeds y'all have listed off here. I've got nothing close to your charity, but I spent the day with my mother-in-law, who's visiting from out of town, and resisted many opportunities to mock her with my wife (sadly, her mom is extremely mock-able, and many of her friendships are based on people who really like her, but also love to mock her), and at the end of the day, MIL seemed genuinely thrilled with how I was taking care of her daughter and granddaughter. So, I didn't do any charity or nothin', but I held off on mocking my MIL long enough to make her very happy. Whew!

(to state the obvious: not that impressive... but better than giving in to the impulse...)