What if DH/DW Couldn't?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Anxiety. When did this become an excuse for not following through on commitments? What happened to just sucking it up and dealing with it?

Growing season is upon us. I have stuff I want to do, but very little progress the past two weeks in the unpacking and sorting efforts

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
She admitted to having a hard time discarding things. As I have been initially sorting, organizing things, I have collected 3 two gallon bags of office supplies. Was either going to outright toss (markers dried out) or donate to the local school. Got the "I might need that" response.

I have enough self integrity not to toss her stuff.

The amount of bedding we've accumulated is overwhelming. I started a collection, going to donate it to my buddy's daughter's church and the thrift store the church runs.

We have two sets of sheets for the current queen bed, and two sets for the king bed we plan to buy. Don't understand the need for 6 totes of bedding. For beds we don't have

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This will prob start FJWar3, but if you have Netflix, there are new episodes of Hoarding. (hoarders?). Sit down and watch together to learn and understand how to move forward.
I agree, even if you watch/listen to them alone. I might have mentioned before, but being watch and listen to the therapists talking. There is one who is particularly good - higher success rates. Not that you should be her therapist, but the episodes demonstrate the no-conflict approaches that work. They also show what happens when a person isn't ready but is forced into the situation :(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this concept, but about income rather than farm chores. I'm starting a long education/career path that would gain credentials that would get me employed for about 4x my current earning potential. As long as DH is around I don't need it, but he doesn't take care of himself very well so I need to work on my Plan Bs