What if DH/DW Couldn't?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Anxiety. When did this become an excuse for not following through on commitments? What happened to just sucking it up and dealing with it?

Growing season is upon us. I have stuff I want to do, but very little progress the past two weeks in the unpacking and sorting efforts

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
She admitted to having a hard time discarding things. As I have been initially sorting, organizing things, I have collected 3 two gallon bags of office supplies. Was either going to outright toss (markers dried out) or donate to the local school. Got the "I might need that" response.

I have enough self integrity not to toss her stuff.

The amount of bedding we've accumulated is overwhelming. I started a collection, going to donate it to my buddy's daughter's church and the thrift store the church runs.

We have two sets of sheets for the current queen bed, and two sets for the king bed we plan to buy. Don't understand the need for 6 totes of bedding. For beds we don't have

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If I can't keep the farm (and I probably can't), one of my ideas is a tiny house on a small city yard, landscape/garden the entire yard so there's nothing to mow. Sure would cut down on grass invading the garden too!

local regulations are very changeable as to what some cities will allow. even more so if you have an ex who can call the city and have them harrass you about letting some wildflowers bloom in your front lawn for a few weeks... (yes this actually happened to my gf). so you always have to be leery and check up on what you can do before you invest or spend a lot of time and energy only to find out you can't fence out the neighbor's dogs/cats/etc or you can't let plants bloom and set seeds, etc.

it is very much a good thing to be able to control all the edges of the gardens. i have many here that i'd love to have the grasses gone and replace them with easier to manage ground covers. currently a huge amount of weeding gets done by Mom and me simply because she doesn't want to get rid of the places we're mowing. i'd much rather put those efforts into weeding the garden area it could be converted into but that isn't going to happen any time soon that i can tell so i just get on with what i can do and work around the rest of it as best i can. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like grape hyacinths mixed in the lawn. Had that at one place I lived decades ago. I need to find some bulbs and see if they will survive here.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
you are welcome to come dig up as many as you'd like to take from here. we probably have a few thousand to spare and Mom wouldn't mind if you took all of them... :)
i found a beautiful bulb mix online. Itś too bad they are so toxic...