What is a Zombie?

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My MIL already knows to expect us in a SHTF situation. They have a location and house (if not necessarily the way of life) conducive to making it long term. She knows I'm working on preps for my own home ,and I have been starting to store food and supplies at her house in anticipation of maybe needing to stay with her. She's a heath professional and has long had a "pan-flu" (pandemic flu) closet so she understands the need.
As someone who lives in the city and could potentially be put in a "zombie" situation I count myself lucky to have family I can count on to help us out.
I look at this as just one more way of having a back up plan. I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I think that is key for me in my situation. Have 1 , 2, and 3 plans of back up. It's not doable for everyone but if you live in town it might be something you'll want to consider so you won't be put in a "zombie" situation either.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I think rural people would fare well...if they are well prepared...food, water, clothing, tools, weapons.
i think there is a distinction between "rural people" (* looks around - thats us *) and people who live in the country.

we always drive around and laugh laugh laugh at the folks who spend tons of money on a huge house on 10 acres of grass. and then mow it constantly. those folks.. well i guess they can dip water out of the fountain in their circular drive... and eat the azaleas that someone else planted for them.

i'm still standing by my statement that, at least for us, we'd rather be out here than in city.

justusnak - thats my girl! whoot! i usually just say "everybody plucks" and that scares off the weak ones
;-)

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OhioFG-
Yeah I look at those people and think-"what are you doing out here? do you even know what you are sitting on? why all the grass that's just alotta work? what are you gonna do if you lose your kooshy little job?" and other such things. I could complain about it till I'm blue in the face but in the end I just shrug and say , 'to each his own'.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just sold 5 laying hens to some of those people who "moved to the country",....bless their hearts. They came to pick up the chickens in a VW Bug,.....:lol: I am sorry,...that is so funny,...bless their hearts! I wonder how that bug goes in snow????,....:gig I wish them the best. :D

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
I just sold 5 laying hens to some of those people who "moved to the country",....bless their hearts. They came to pick up the chickens in a VW Bug,.....:lol: I am sorry,...that is so funny,...bless their hearts! I wonder how that bug goes in snow????,....:gig I wish them the best. :D
They are actually pretty squirrelly... coming from the cat who used to run an old one... but not as bad as a Fiero.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
And a direct quote: "I would rather DIE than have to kill my own food!"

My rejoinder to that? Be careful what you say....you may have to eat those words for lack of anything else to consume. :old
I had a similar conversation with DH and DD recently, when I mentioned I'd like to start raising some meat rabbits. They were AGHAST that I would even consider killing bunnies. I told them we'll see how hard it is to do so if and when you haven't had any meat for a couple of months. I'd personally like to get to work on this skill *before* it's absolutely necessary. Besides, rabbit poo is so good for the garden...

Somebody mentioned the Jericho television series. That went off the air before I seriously started prepping. I sure would like to take a second look at that. Does anybody know if it is on DVD?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
chipmunk said:
Somebody mentioned the Jericho television series. That went off the air before I seriously started prepping. I sure would like to take a second look at that. Does anybody know if it is on DVD?
Yes, both seasons are available. You can usually find them on eBay at a decent discount.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I loved Jericho. I thought many aspects dealing with supplies, refugees, deception by people trying to get their supplies, and armed thugs very plausible.

Latest posts