What is going on in Europe?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, having seen several instance where people "knew" what was going to happen...and then nothing happened...and they had already sold all their possessions, quit their jobs....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It took 120 years to build the ark...I'm sure there were a lot of people saying just what you said...."So when is this so-called disaster supposed to happen, you've been preachin' about it for 120 years!" ;)

If those folks had cared to actually study the text it says right in there that no man knows the actual day it will happen and that it will happen like a thief in the night. It also says to wait and watch and work with your hands until the day comes~but not to worry if you are a child of God. That is why I don't worry! And it feels sooooo good! And I don't have to sell one possession! :lol:

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our best hope for weathering and recovering from this doesn't begin with government. It begins in our own backyard and the decisions we make daily. What we buy, what we don't, where we buy it from. Do we get into debt over our heads? Do we barter or trade? And the list goes on and on.

Mega corps and governments come and go. But in the end it is the habits of the people of the nation that determine which survive and which don't.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have seen many left leaning pundits, journalists and political types on the FOX News cable channel. Juan Williams, Maura Liason, Bob Beckel, Allan Combs and many others are FOX News contributors on a daily basis. They provide spirited debate and the side of the left on many of the evening programs. This is something that I have not seen on the main stream media (ABC, NBC, & CBS) or their cable counter parts (MSNBC and CNBC) in any measurable amount of their air time. FOX does tend to be more conservative than those other stations, but that is fairly easy to do. When it is quite clear which candidate a news broadcaster (not a commentator) wants to be elected the next president, or when commentators (with chills up their leg) are used interchangeably with REAL news reporters to report the news, I become skeptical of the news that they report. There should be as much discussion of all sided of an issue as the media markets can financially allow. More views not less, help us make educated decisions about important topics. To silence or muffle dissenting views makes us all more ignorant. This country is based on the premise of freedom of speech, not freedom of speech for those who agree with who is currently in power. FOX is not perfect but it does provide both sided during its network day. Not every show has both sides, but FOX (cable) does have more shows that do than any of the other stations! When we can no longer rely on our news medias being able to report unfettered and uncensored by the government, either side of an issue (most issues have more than one side), we might as well live in a communist country. Censorship is what happens there. I want to be able to use my channel changer to get how ever many sides of an issue I want to see, not the one side the government wants me to see! :old

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I studied journalism in college and I am sad to say that most television news programs lean one way or the other. We were taught to remain on the fence, write the story with both sides added. Now to sell papers, and by that I mean ads, most television and newspapers sell hype. They steered the election last year. You heard at least one person a day say "in the New York Times today," or "in the Washington Post today" ... It is sick. I think that presidents and news should be reported on fairly. I haven't seen that since before Clinton. On The View last week Elizabeth had heard enough Sarah Palin bashing and finally said what I was thinking "If you want to sell ads or get your name out there just say something mean about Sarah,--- Joy." I am sick of all the television programs out there. I don't believe a word they say anymore. They just want to be able to sell their sponsors commercials or ads. Remember that when you hear them babbling away about how the economy is crashing because of one man or the war was caused by just one man. The media messes with people's heads and makes them think things that aren't true whether we are in a free country or not. We are all being manipulated by them.

andehens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Honest question here folks, b/c I sure dont have the answer.

I think most of us feel we are being manipulated. So lets follow the money, it goes to companys buying media spots. Supposedly they are all broke, how can they afford the ads? So who is managing all this?

Just for perspective, I AM conservative and I am NOT racist.