What is growing in your garden?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am curious about what everyone is growing. Please share what you are growing!

I got a late start this year but I did start some seeds the other day...purple bush beans french pole beans, yellow pear cherry toms, red cherry toms, Sun Gold cherry toms (my fave!) Early Girl toms, Romas, Rainbow cherry toms, assorted summer squash, pickling cukes, serrano & anahiem chiles, pumpkins and some potaotes. I will add a few more things as I go.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Maters, taters, egg plant (not doing so hot) 3 color bells, onions, garlic, shallots, pickling/burpless cukes, Hungarian hot peppers, habanaros, sweet banana peppers, water mellon, green mellon, cantalope, peas snap/snow, broccolli, carrots, lettuce, ruhbarb, strawberries, corn bodacous/kandy corn, pole beans, limas and bird house gourds.

I think thats all.....:)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
the-metal-peddler said:
Maters, taters, egg plant (not doing so hot) 3 color bells, onions, garlic, shallots, pickling/burpless cukes, Hungarian hot peppers, habanaros, sweet banana peppers, water mellon, green mellon, cantalope, peas snap/snow, broccolli, carrots, lettuce, ruhbarb, strawberries, corn bodacous/kandy corn, pole beans, limas and bird house gourds.

I think thats all.....:)
Nice! You must have a huge garden!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Not as big as some folks have, mine is 65ft by 95ft, my Kandy Corn (freezer corn, the corn doesn't absorb the taste of the cob when frozen whole) is up on the top of the mountain at Pauls place.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maters, Taters, basil, thyme, okra, eggplant (HUGE!), oregano, squash, zucs, cukes, corn, field peas, hot peppers (3 kinds) bell peppers, carrots, lettuce (bolting already...) cilantro, sage, parsley, mustard. And if I can find some chard seed, I'm planting that wherever I can find a spot open. My spinach didn't get set out soon enough, so it died in the early heat.
Mulching & planting more corn tonight :weee

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im growing t-maters roma's and beefsteak, taters, okra, pole beans, purple hull peas, black eye peas, butter peas (mini white limas), collards, cayenne pepper, bell pepper, cabbage, strait neck squash, blue berries, figs and had corn till the freaking wind storm blew it all down :rolleyes:.
im share cropping with a couple of fellas and we have sweet peas, carrots, onions, hes still got corn after the storm, water melon, radishes, beets and mush melon besides what ive got at my place and alot of the veges are planted in all 3 of the gardens to see what grows best where.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Noobie...have you tried your lettuce in a shady area? I had some growing quite nicely into our hotter season last year and it was in nearly all shade.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have 2 gardens. In #1.....taters, radishes, yellow and red onions, beets, peas, cauliflour and cabbage. Still waiting on the taters to bloom...
99_gardenjune1709.jpg

#2 Maters, peppers ( green and orange, couldnt find red ones) , reed beets, green beans, corn ( not doing so good) and cucumbers.
Hopeing the beets in garden #1 come out good, they are red and white striped! :p
99_garden2june1709.jpg

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Maters (10 varieties), cabbage, beans, corn, squash, zukes, cukes, melons, onions, peppers, cauliflower, grass and weeds.

BTW, I got my first ripe tomato Sunday. :ya

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have chives, garlic, onions, radishes, carrots, Romaine lettuces, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes(several different kinds), green peppers, hot peppers~2 varieties, potatoes, mangels, yellow str. neck squash, str. 8 cukes, 2 different kinds of pumpkins, winter squash, spaghetti squash, three different kinds of corn, 2 kinds of beans, sunflowers, wildflowers, herbs of all kinds, nasturtiums, zinnias, and anything else I can sandwich in the empty spaces! :D

Oh! And weeds! I have lots of weeds......been raining every day!
:(

Latest posts