What is on your "LIST" (Food aversions)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Definition of your list: Anything you ate too much of and you never want to see it again on your plate. OR Anything that made you sick from eating it.

Loaded Baked Potatoes are on my list b/c after having one as a child I got food poisoning. I never want to eat baked potatoes again. :sick I can't even smell them.

Costco pizza is on my list too b/c I over did it with them when I first got my costco card years ago. :sick

Everyone I talk to has atleast one thing "on their list".

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
how about 'cant bring yourself to eat it?'

sushi. i just cant do it. all my years on the west coast and i'm just too midwest. i need the fish cooked!

altho i did have a bad lunch meat experience in college... took a while to get over that one

;-)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
At some point during my first month or so at college, my roommate and I decided that since we had no freezer available, the best way to deal with a craving for Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream was to buy a whole big container of it and try to eat it in one sitting. It was probably about ten, fifteen years before I had any desire to taste *that* again :p

Also I loathe most breakfast foods because of memories of having to be at the breakfast table at 6:10 a.m. every darn day as a child, which even then I felt was way too darn early for anyone to be doing anything let alone facing a poached egg.

There are certainly foods I don't care for as much as others, but in general will eat almost anything else, especially if it is deep-fried and/or there is enough chili pepper involved <vbg>

Pat

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ha ha. This should be interesting.

1. String cheese . . . the first time I ate it as a child I got really sick. :sick

2. corn dogs . . . (similar, although it took longer for the adverse reactions)

3. white chocolate . . . Let's just say I ate too much of it as a starving college student because I had access to it. It tends to make me want to gag, but I do still like it in other foods.

4. Anything with soy in it . . . but that is because it is hard on my body.

5. Shellfish . . . Lobsters are like "sea spiders," and filter feeders . . . need I say more?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:lol: You need to see my brother's list. OMG!!! I don't know how his girlfriend manages to live with him! :rolleyes:

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. Clam chowder-Greg took me to a little dive in Santa Cruz and I got food poisoning that nearly killed me. I've never eaten it since.

2. This will be funny to y'all but I don't eat eggs. It was the one FREE food when I was growing up because the chickens were allowed to eat all the farm grain they could swallow and we were very poor so we ate eggs a LOT. They turn my stomach. And don't even ask me about the time my evil mother made a contest out of eating hard boiled eggs at Easter and being the competitive middle child.....

3. Cantaloupe. Sorry, no story here. I just can't stand the smell.

4. Radishes. Mom (same evil mother) used to let me eat raw potatoes. Am I a real Irish girl or what? One time she handed me a "raw peeled potato" and it was a radish. I've never eaten another radish or raw potato for that matter.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My list of "won't eat because it will damage my health" is long and I won't bother you with it!

What makes me :sick :

Organ meats...need I say why???

Shellfish....the smell has always made me queezy.

Sushi....never tried it, never will! I don't care much for seafood, so the thought of eating it raw.....blech!

And fudge....from making a large batch when I first moved out of my folks house, and eating WAY to much of it....I so wanted to throw up, but just couldn't. I suffered for many hours and decades later, still can't stand the sight or smell of fudge.