What is on your "LIST" (Food aversions)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol: I have a circle of friends who love to call me and tell me when they have updated their list items b/c they know it gives me the giggles! :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Oh, oh . . . I see my list growing already!

6. Melons . . . I pick them out of fruit salads. :p

Who would make their child eat a raw potato . . . ewwwwwww! Just thinking about it makes my stomach lining feel raw. :lol:

ETA: BBH you were reading my mind. How weird.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Quail, you've got to say why!
why? because 10 years ago we had a baby, and my first bout of morning sickness was right after I had ate an entire can of black olives.

that's why.

Oh and Okra, because I just don't like the taste. I don't care none how you fix it either, it ain't passing over my lips!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
freemotion said:
And fudge....from making a large batch when I first moved out of my folks house, and eating WAY to much of it....I so wanted to throw up, but just couldn't. I suffered for many hours and decades later, still can't stand the sight or smell of fudge.
A perfect example of a "list" item!! :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
why? because 10 years ago we had a baby, and my first bout of morning sickness was right after I had ate an entire can of black olives.
For breakfast? With coffee?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
almost forgot, liver and onions because just eeeww!

oreo cookies (name brand or imitation) because i can feel my arteries clogging up just thinking about them *shudders*

cow tongue....mom tried to fool us kids into eating once when we were little...told us it was tuna in our tuna casserole...couldn't eat tuna for a long time either.

pigs feet...nuff said.

Yes, BBH, a whole tin can of them. used to be my favorite snack. I could eat them all day.

that is, until i got pregnant.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
For breakfast? With coffee?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
no lol it was midday. i couldn't eat or drink anything all day for 2 straight weeks. thought i was dying.

my food cravings were KFC's instant potatoes with their gravy. dh obliged me one night, and we had the inlaws over. two bites, that was all i got down. someone was in the only bathroom we had in our house so i ran out the back door and my potatoes and gravy ended up all over the back porch steps.

coffee....oh i couldn't stand the smell of it for the longest time!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ouch. What a story!

I have always wondered if the foods you crave while pregnant end up being favorite foods of the child?

When my mom was pregnant with me she craved Italian food! :drool