What is on your "LIST" (Food aversions)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yep, liquor is on a lot of my friend's lists too. ;)

DM I craved chocolate milk and it now happens to be my daughter's favorite drink!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail, are you sure you aren't peaking over my shoulder?
Black olives, green olives, blech, just the smell is enough. I pick them out/off anything I come in contact with. No real reason, just don't like the taste/smell/look.
Pickled pigs feet. I used to watch my dad eat these. The smell & the look of eating something's FOOT just gets to me.
Chitterlings. My dad tricked me into thinking it was a nice piece of crispy fried chicken skin. I ate three pieces before he told me. So very wrong :somad :tongue
For a long time after I had my oldest, I couldn't eat crawfish. My BF & I were preggers at the same time and both craved hot, spicy Louisiana style crawfish. I got a chance to bring home a ton of them and we ate ourselves silly. I think we ate almost 15lbs each. Now, she's allergic, but I can still eat them, and I love them again.

Poo poo on all you sushi haters. I :love sushi nummy nummy nummy. Especially spicy tuna :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
When I fear something is nearing "my list" I have to put it on probation for a while...I'm getting old enough to sense when I've probably had enough and I need to take a break. It is one of the benefits of getting older!

Noobie, things can eventually make it off the list, but that is rare. Just ask Quail and Freemotion! :lol:

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool, Dace, glad I'm not the lonely raw fish eater.
Wasn't sure if I should mention it, but my liquor is Crown. No more, ever, ever, ever. Can't even use those handy bags without evoking very painful memories.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I can speak for him, since DH doesn't get online. His is canned asparagus. Stepdad used to make this casserole with it. They forced DH to eat it, well... lets just say, after they cleaned the table & washed the tablecloth, they realized he should never, ever eat canned asparagus. :sick

That's a great idea BBH, we're mostly older and wiser now. We should know when we're reaching our limit.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Beets. I had a disturbed aunt that I had to stay with when my parents traveled that gave me beets for dinner. I wasn't allowed to leave the table until they were eaten. I hated beets and shoved them up under the table. The next morning they fell down and I found them on my plate again- everyday. I was 6. But hey- I love beet greens!!
Oddly, my brother recently told me he had a similar beet experience while staying with her but without the table detail. :sick He put them in his pockets.