What is on your "LIST" (Food aversions)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HAHA
it sure is farmer humor...not many would get that when they are in the city and they "pretend" they don't know where their food comes from.

Oscar was thrown over the side of the hill---I am sure something ate him. Nothing in nature goes unnoticed or becomes a leftover or waste.

You know it is hard to "revert" back to girlie-girl" when I do handle such hard farm work...but I try..LOL...high heels, no more ever, but I will dress nice "occasionally"---let me look at the calender and see if my YEARLY dress up day is here..HAHA

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OFG, you should seriously consider doing some writing for magazines. You are seriously funny!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FC, people who know me at home do not recognize me when I dress up. It is hysterical. I can stand in front of some people and say hi and they look at me blankly. One of my girlfriends has to buy my dressy clothes, and if I have a serious event to go to, she comes over and makes sure I put the outfit together correctly, then she does my makeup! (She has to bring some....by the time another event comes around, some of mine is always spoiled!)

A client bought me a spot at a formal fundraising event at a horseshow and didn't recognize me when I showed up. She kept peeking at me all evening. :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig

Free you have me cracking up. I know what you mean.

It is funny that dressing nice and making our hair and makeup seem perfect makes us a truly different person.

LOL--that is so funny!!!

Problem like you---my "good public" clothes real fast can get stained.
I see a goat in the fence screaming with head caught, run down to free her, and then another comes up behind and jumps up on me....yup, hoof marks stained into a good shirt or pants.

Honestly I change clothes 5 times per day.

Morning--barn clothes
Before lunch--change to public cothes to hit the post office or whatever
Back to farm clothes and doing chores
change for dinner in the house to not be too messy
after dinner barn chores or lawn mainteance whatever
night, into jammies and hope I don't have to go outside and change again..LOL

my goodness no wonder my laundry list is insanity!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I get that a lot too, Free.

I have long hair that I usually keep up in a pony tail or something and I normally wear glasses. All I have to do is take down my hair and wear my contacts... heck I don't even have to change clothes or bathe ... and I get that double take! :gig

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, a couple years ago I dressed up, pale green long-sleeved shirt, and ran out to give my mare some carrot peels over the gate....blood on my sleeve! Sheesh! (She had an ethmoid hematoma and had a constant little drip from one nostril....I should've known better....) That is a typical scenario...:rolleyes: