What is on your "LIST" (Food aversions)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
You didn't save the pig heads for Halloween? :hu
hee hee hee nah... we butcher in Nov and i'm not keeping them around for a year!!!! i oughta dig out those pictures....

sorry about the keyboard, noobiechickenlady
;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Java

homemade mayo....bet that is delish.

Yes I want some to scare Tony with and honestly he will turn bright green if he gets near mayo. It is hilarious....mayo frightens him....big baby! :)

Send me some! LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ohio...come on, you could a froze those heads.

We need some good laughs around here...I can just picture freezer burned, dog chewed, piggy heads sitting on top of the trash cans for Halloween!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Dace said:
Ohio...come on, you could a froze those heads.

We need some good laughs around here...I can just picture freezer burned, dog chewed, piggy heads sitting on top of the trash cans for Halloween!
:lol:

Or maybe you could have gotten those really big canning jars and canned them up, with one eye a piece? :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you know... i saw a couple of those big jars not too long ago.. i oughta pick a couple up to save this year's pig heads.. and then i could put them on the shelf and talk to them while i make my bacon dinner....

me: say pig how's it goin?
pig head: 'sall right
me: so what happened today?
pig head: general naughtiness from them cats
me: well no one likes a tattle tail....
pig head: i aint got no tail anymore - you're using it to grease that griddle
me: so i am...

you know this could be a lot of fun........

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
What is that the "Pig Farmer's Monologue"? You should have a radio show on NPR! It would be WAY better than Prairie Home Companion! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee ... maybe not radio...

i swear like a drunken sailor and i generally offend just about everyone so maybe i'll just keep it real here with the folks you can take it

;-)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Maybe Late Night radio. You are right . . . I can take it. We have a sailor in our family.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Several years ago my hubby was at work on a snowy blustery day. A co-worker was eating a big bowl of ham and bean soup at lunch time and he started thinking about how good that would taste. He thought about it all day.

Meanwhile at home.

I had the day off from school for a snow day. A great time to do all of those long projects that I normally do not have time to do. I put a hog head into my biggest stock pot to begin cooking on its way to becoming scrapple like my grandma Nettie used to make. The pot simmered away leaving a nice hammy smell lingering in the air.

Later.

A cold half frozen hungry hubby comes home. "Bean soup!" he thinks, smelling the yummy fragrance. Just what he has been wanting all day!

He still has not recovered from opening the kettle to get a bowl of bean soup and coming face to face with the pig head! :ep :lol: :lol: :gig