What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Okay, I gotta tell my quick dog story now. But this isn't my best advice, but everyone keeps mentioning trusting the dog. Sometimes they give good advice, too. But here is my story:

We had some dear friends we went camping with and we invited a crowd. Our friends invited a relative we had never met.

We had a lab/pit at the time, Sally was her name. Looked like a beefy lab, good dog. Sally could not STAND this relative. She would growl when he approached and did not let him come NEAR our daughter who was perhaps seven or eight at the time. We had to keep reprimanding her and putting her on a leash when he was around, but it made us wary of him because she never acted like that.

It was about five years later we found out from our dear friend that she found out this relative was a pediphile. She had not known herself. But Sally did!

I have always trusted dogs about people they don't like ever since.
Thats amazing! I love all animals but, I'm mostly a cat person myself. But, I gotta say my cats would throw me under a bus for a lick of sour cream.

Best advice told to me by a friend when I had my daughter : Babies are wonderful however, remember, kids grow up and leave. But, your husband...he's yours forever.

chud

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
i got a few

dont burn all your bridges you may have to go back over some

there is two type of people in this world those that cant and those that just dont want to who are you

any body can quit

these were painfully learned so what dont kill you will only make you stronger

G