What is the meaning of your log in name?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Mine is simple, too. I've always admired the Pioneer Woman with her stamina, endurance, wisdom, patience, and work ethic. Working with what she had on hand, and still making it look magnificent. Resourceful, firm, loving, and an over all wonderful person. Someone I strive to be!

Ok, so sometimes I'm mushy and weird...LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
Mine is simple, too. I've always admired the Pioneer Woman with her stamina, endurance, wisdom, patience, and work ethic. Working with what she had on hand, and still making it look magnificent. Resourceful, firm, loving, and an over all wonderful person. Someone I strive to be!

Ok, so sometimes I'm mushy and weird...LOL
Nope...at least not to me! :D I've always felt the same way. My mom and I always talked about how we should have been born a hundred years ago, as we would fit in better! :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I'm the same way...born in the wrong era completely! I told the DH I was gonna sew some prarie dresses....he wasn't thrilled LOL (I did make the apron, though, and it turned out great!)

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I moved to the Harrisburg metro area in 1983, I met Gene at a weekly volleyball game. He gave nicknames to everyone that came to play. For whatever reason I became "unclejoe". In 85, I met Mike in a completely different circle of friends. He had this habit of calling his guy friends "dad" and his girl friends "mom". One day he called me dad ( I'm 4 years older) but then stopped, thought for a moment, and said " no, your not a dad". After a few seconds he decided, "you're more like an uncle". Unclejoe. Since it came from 2 separate circles it started spreading throughout most aspects of my life. So I'm now unclejoe in just about everything I do. I was in a small acoustic band through most of the 80's and early 90's and guess what our name was? Uncle Joe's Band. :)

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
I've always admired the Pioneer Woman with her stamina, endurance, wisdom, patience, and work ethic.
Me too, as a child and teen I always dreamed of being a pioneer woman. Later that dream had to be modified. If I was a pioneer woman I would have died a young death in labor with my first child. I never dialated past 4 centimeters, for days, and she was 8lb. 4 oz.. I was with a HMO and they only took her c-section when we were both in the process of dying. She is a beautiful woman now and I am glad I was not a woman of the past but of the present. More about my own name when I am not so weary from a long day...

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
unclejoe

Wow, Brings back thoughts of Hooterville.

And that's Uncle Joe, he's a-movin' kinda slow at the Junction, Petticoat Junction! :lol:

Hi ya UncleJoe!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah. I get that now and then but I think the song goes

And THERE'S uncle joe .......... Could be wrong though, it's been a lot of years since I've seen that show.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
You certainly could be right. It has been a few years for me also. I loved that show.

It is interesting how most of us picked our log on names. Great thread.

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My DH actually started it for me. He got tired of me spending all my time with my chicks and talking to them more then him lol. I used to talk to the cat and dogs more then him then it all turned to chickens hehe