What is the nicest thing someone said to you?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My 3 year old told me I was a beautiful princess the other day out of the blue. Really, it cracked me up and made me happy and sappy all at the same time.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Javamama said:
My 3 year old told me I was a beautiful princess the other day out of the blue. Really, it cracked me up and made me happy and sappy all at the same time.
You should write these things down- they will be much harder to come by when she's 13-22. It will help to be able to remember that that loving child is in there somewhere and will show up again. :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
big brown horse said:
noobiechickenlady said:
Today the nicest thing was my half-asleep daughter saying "I love you, mommy" in the sleepy voice that's all slurred & soft. :love
Awwwwwww!!!! :love That is so sweet Noobie! (Dont tell, but 13 year old girls still say that too...and it still feels good!)
Shhhhhhh.....so do 16 & 18 yr olds :love
Thank goodness! I hear lots of horror stories.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good idea ETR, but I'll have hubby do it - he's the record keeper in the family. Kind of a role reversal.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Javamama said:
You should write these things down- they will be much harder to come by when she's 13-22. It will help to be able to remember that that loving child is in there somewhere and will show up again. :)
You know what? My mom did that with me...I still love to read them!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All day long I've been thinking of the story of the girl who went up to the sparkley old lady and asked if she was a princess or a countess.

so touching, so warm, Love it.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
big brown horse said:
noobiechickenlady said:
Today the nicest thing was my half-asleep daughter saying "I love you, mommy" in the sleepy voice that's all slurred & soft. :love
Awwwwwww!!!! :love That is so sweet Noobie! (Dont tell, but 13 year old girls still say that too...and it still feels good!)
Shhhhhhh.....so do 16 & 18 yr olds :love
Do they still look like the babies they used to be when they get that big?
At 7 I can still see her blowing bubbles in her sleep with her bottom in the air, but only when she's asleep. DS sucks his thumb in his sleep still and makes me say "Awwwww"!

These are some sweet stories.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
These are wonderfull to read. Thanks for starting this Free.

Years ago I worked at a small family winery. It was an old stone building with few window. It was perpetually cold and dark inside. Often I would push the heavy wooden door open in the mornings to go to work and would be greeted with : "Here comes Miss Sunshine". I was told that they called me that because I was always smiling and cheerfull.

I also love it when visiting a former job, the new people tell me, so you are "Denise", everyone still calls it Denise's manual or Denise's desk or whatever. Makes me feel that they really appreciate what I did for them. Because I always work hard and do the best I can.

I like it when stepson (almost 18) tell me he loves me and gives me a hug. Or comes to me for advice.

DD had gone off to college and about a year later she said: "You know mom, I really had the best parents. You guys let me make my own decisions, and offered me a smorgasboard of wonderfull experiences, the music, the art, the museums etc. Yet you didn't let me get away with anything either. Many of my college friends are doing stupid stuff now, because they can. They didn't get to experience all the wonderfull things I did. They didn't get to make mistakes and learn from them at home. They didn't get to make their own decisions about things the way I did."
She used to get so frustrated with her college friends, because of the stupid things they did.
She got a job and they invited her to go out for drinks after work one day. She told them she was only 18 and they were surprised. With her job experience and mature behavior, they were sure she was 21.

Oh and of course, many of you on this forum have said wonderfull things to me. I appreciate all of it. Thanks to all of you.