What is the nicest thing someone said to you?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I like getting compliments on how well behaved my animals are...
yep hwillm1977! i was thinking about this one. the vet and the vet techs all swoon over Titan.... i once razzle-dazzled them when i gave him the hand signals to 'look at me'... 'wait here' and he did and i walked away and he stayed right there. and they were all 'wwwoooow what a good dog!' and i was all 'yeah.. thats how we roll...."

but what i was going to say was...

the nicest thing anyone said to me was when Bourbon Red (who is my Farm Master and i am his Grasshopper) said that i did a good job raising the pigs

:)

i still get all smiley about it!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
A majority of the kindest things that have been said to me have been here on SS from you all! Such kind words that could make a rock grow wings and soar through the air!

Hmm. Jules, Sally, Laura, Lori, Monique, Delia, Dace, the list goes on and on.

:love

:hugs
Awww...it is easy to be kind to you, you are a wonderful guy with a kind heart and lots to offer :love

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today the nicest thing was my half-asleep daughter saying "I love you, mommy" in the sleepy voice that's all slurred & soft. :love

The nicest thing ever... Hmmm what springs to mind is a woman about my own age (29 when it happened) insisting that I was nowhere near old enough to buy an R-rated movie. When I produced my ID, she looked at it hard, then at me and said "What do you DOOO?" :lol:

Compliments on my kids behavior are always welcome. Oh another one! There was a police office in a store where me & my kids were shopping. I thought it was time to reinforce the "If you ever need help, find a person dressed like this" message.

The officer smiled at my kids, nodded & shook their hands, then turned to me and said "Thank you for that. Most parents I've run into point to me and say 'If you're bad that policeman will come & take you away!' It makes helping those kids harder when they're afraid of the uniform."

Awww...it is easy to be kind to you, you are a wonderful guy with a kind heart and lots to offer
I agree! Some of the nicest folks I've "met" are on this forum, Merle. And you are sure one of them.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I was in business, the nicest compliment I got was from a Division president who said I ran my department with integrity. Integrity. Love that word and what it means.

I'm now almost 55, 30 lbs overweight, and still get a slight double take from young checkers when I'm buying wine. Ha ha ha

Oh and one last one, at my last home in the neighborhood where we lived for 17 years, I was just about the only working woman. The rest were stay at home moms. I was jealous for years of them - going to SBucks for coffee, being part of a book club, having their nails done, meeting for golf or tennis.....Then one day a neighbor was complaining about something and said to others who gathered on her lawn, well lets just ask Barbara. She knows how to do everything! :)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
A majority of the kindest things that have been said to me have been here on SS from you all! Such kind words that could make a rock grow wings and soar through the air!

Hmm. Jules, Sally, Laura, Lori, Monique, Delia, Dace, the list goes on and on.

:love

:hugs
Some the nicest things are said to me by people here on SS also! Thank you Merle! :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Today the nicest thing was my half-asleep daughter saying "I love you, mommy" in the sleepy voice that's all slurred & soft. :love
Awwwwwww!!!! :love That is so sweet Noobie! (Dont tell, but 13 year old girls still say that too...and it still feels good!)

(Merle, thanks!!)

Ldy, your stories bring a tear to my eye, so touching!

Everyone, I love to read these stories!! Free, thanks for starting this thread!!! :)

I can totally relate to the horse stories! My big brown horse was a nightmare, owned by a crack head that rode him crazy-wild with homemade bits :somad that were supposed to control him. One day after running wild, crazed and out of control, he finally bucked her off and put her in the hospital with a broken pelvis. Shortly after that she went to jail for drug possession. Some creep showed up once in a while to feed him with leftover Halloween straw. Long story short, when she got out of jail, I talked the lady into selling him for $500 (yeah, I know, way too much for a big bag of bones with serious issues). He was destined to go to the slaughter house with his issues and bad conformation, I couldnt help myself. (She only got $250 of it anyway; the rest went to the stable for back rent.)

Now I get so many compliments on his behavior during challenging trail rides. My friends knew what kind of horse he used to be...heck they told me not to buy him! They are good friends though and always said nice things about the progress he made and gave me all the credit.

He even won second place at a small, backwoods working horse competition. Some of the things we had to do were to walk over a tarp, open and shut gates from the saddle, ride through water and over a foot bridge etc. I call him my 4X4. Oh yeah, did I mention I ride him in a leather haltera far cry from the homemade twisted wire bit.

(My daughter loves to ride him and he is destined to become her horse one day.)

Once I got "teacher of the year" voted by all the students from preshcool-8th grade. I still have the certificate and that was back in 1993, it still makes me smile. :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Well my dear darling hubby often pays me this little compliment ...

"You know for a fat girl you really don't sweat much."

:ep

:lol: :gig

He is actually VERY loving ... just a comedian!
I'm sorry, FF. But, I laughed at loud at that one.

Kind of like my DH telling me he married me because of my "birthing" hips. :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We laugh a lot at our house! It is one of the things that makes our relationship work so well. :thumbsup

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When any of my 3 boys have given me a hug and/or said "I love you Mom" with sincerity and not just to butter me up for something! :lol:

And many years ago when my oldest walked into the room, jumped back and said "whoa". I asked what was the matter and he says "The light shining on your head looked like a halo" and he was serious.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
noobiechickenlady said:
Awwwwwww!!!! :love That is so sweet Noobie! (Dont tell, but 13 year old girls still say that too...and it still feels good!)
Shhhhhhh.....so do 16 & 18 yr olds :love