what is with kids toys

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I already have a "job" Lind up for my little man when he turns 7. I have a friend that is going to have him work on his property, pulling weeds driving the backhoe farm chores that he can't learn at home

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! All my boys were cooking simple meals for the family by 10 and then a little later, making bread from scratch and by hand as teens. They all turned out to be pretty fair hands at cooking and their bread is as good as mine, with the eldest working in a couple of restaurants as the chef later on.

He also canned up my entire crop of tomatoes one summer when he was in his early 20s...just happened to be between jobs and wanted to help me. Had never done it before but called his grandmother, asking for directions, and did as good a job as I ever did.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A lot of activities that are considered female things to do started out with men doing them- knitting and crochet was done predominantly by men at first- fishermen in particular. Originally, secretaries were all male. And on the other side of things, in some cultures, women could be warriors with no stigma.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On a minor derailment- upon finding out I am having our second daughter (and last child), it's very upsetting how many people have replied with "bummer", "I'm sorry", or "is your husband upset?" I'm happy to have 2 girls, why is everyone so worried about me having a boy??

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad your daughter will have a little sister too. I was 7 years older than my sister and we had tons of fun! It was kinda like having a living doll baby, lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@NH Homesteader that was dang rude! Wow…

Your daughter is going to be so happy growing up with a sister and you and your DH is happy with girls and that is ALL that matters :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lol @crealbilly. I'd have gone for 12 too, but DH was NOT having it. Our second oldest tried his best. He asked his dad if we could have 9 kids so we could ride in a bus and "have our own baseball team." But I'm 1 of 8 and can't think of much just 1 or two kids can do. We never had problems getting enough kids to play games with. My oldest two were 13 months apart and were by far the easiest because they always entertained each other. The girl (number 3) was too young (and a girl...) And the youngest required way more time than the others. I am in the "more is better" camp. :)
Besides, someday I want the blessings that only come from a big family. :)