what is with kids toys

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol @crealbilly. I'd have gone for 12 too, but DH was NOT having it. Our second oldest tried his best. He asked his dad if we could have 9 kids so we could ride in a bus and "have our own baseball team." But I'm 1 of 8 and can't think of much just 1 or two kids can do. We never had problems getting enough kids to play games with. My oldest two were 13 months apart and were by far the easiest because they always entertained each other. The girl (number 3) was too young (and a girl...) And the youngest required way more time than the others. I am in the "more is better" camp. :)
Besides, someday I want the blessings that only come from a big family. :)

Smile - you sound exactly like my wife. I come from a family of 4. Mom, Dad, my sister & me. There's 13 years in-between my sister and me, I'm the older brother.

But you know when I was growing up, it was like I had numerous brothers because back then friends of the family were family. Sadly the world is so screwed up now that you don't know who you should let in your home and who you shouldn't. It's a morally deprived world now-a-days, sad, very sad!

All of my old best friends have passed and are in a much better place now. My last best childhood friend died 2 months ago. This thread makes me think how it used to be... Although far from perfect back then but still like night and day compared to now.

Our house has always been packed and honestly I couldn't imagine it any other way... My family is and will always be #1. I am taking full advantage of the many blessings God has bestowed on my DW and I. If children aren't a direct blessing from God I don't know what is... Now I'm enjoying my grand kids. If you think your kids are awesome just wait until grand kids come along they are the best.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@crealbilly I don't know if they have the same store where you are but I got my little man a really nice pare of cap guns from linton's big r. Or maybe a feed store that has a toy section.
@Beekissed that's vary true no one I talk to can understand why I want a big family considering I come from a pretty big family. I also want a lot of property so more kids less work.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly @Beekissed and @crealbilly. I've worked with sooo many seniors who have no one to help. Their friends have died, their one or two children are too far away or have health issues of their own, (or to be honest, are too lazy, ungrateful or selfish to care). And the very few grandchildren they have are too busy with their own lives. And yes, this certainly is not the same world I grew up in. There's a lack of personal responsibility and the respect for others that is lacking everywhere now. I think it has a lot to do with the breakdown of families and family values in our country (but it's no longer politically right to call it like it is.) Not everyone CAN have several children, and certainly, not everyone should. But there are going to be a lot that could have who will wish they did further down the road.
@rodeogirl I agree with you too. It seems like more would mean more work, but many hands lighten the load (and can be much more fun!) @crealbilly I wouldn't trade my grands for anything!! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not even real short (5'6"), lol. I think tractors were built for men. :somad (or maybe the clutch needs to be adjusted?)

My grands are learning to drive the lawnmower - without the blade turning (for now). They think that's a pretty fun toy - and it's unisex, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter has a generic colored play kitchen. She would prefer it be pink, lol. But look online, you should be able to find a non-pink one.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Right there with you! It's horrible! DS2.5 LOVES to play with his baby doll, but good lord, is there nothing gender neutral anymore? I refuse to buy gender specific crap. At least not to support the companies. I buy secondhand, I don't mind so much when it isn't packed in a pink or blue box.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Right there with you! It's horrible! DS2.5 LOVES to play with his baby doll, but good lord, is there nothing gender neutral anymore? I refuse to buy gender specific crap. At least not to support the companies. I buy secondhand, I don't mind so much when it isn't packed in a pink or blue box.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My little man plays with dolls too and so did my brothers they would play house and dress up with me when we were growing up.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been talking of making him one and now I might just have to brake down and do it. But he will be cooking with me whenever I have something he can do. With a play kitchen he can "practice" when he has a babysitter