WHAT is your favorite way to save $?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Apparently it's really good stuff, too. I just brought 4 samples to a lady who lived in France for some years and still buys imported....and expensive....cheese and eats it daily. She gave my cheeses high marks, with just a few constructive comments, like....the cheddar was a bit salty, and one of the St Maure's was a bit dry and needed a bit more aging, then the dryness might become a lovely rind.

She added $25 to my check in spite of my protests. OK, weak protests. I gave her a bit more than a pound of cheeses, and she argued...."You know what I spend on cheese every day!" I said, "I should be paying YOU for your expert opinions!" She laughed and handed me the check. I laughed and pocketed it!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Good for you. I have easy access to good cheeses. But they cost me a pretty penny. I grew up on good cheeses in Germany. I am spoiled that way. I am so glad that I can also get good locally made cheeses, even if I have to pay dearly for them.
So I am sure you deserved the extra $$$.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It is being wasted on a cretin like me! I didn't know it was good! I've been reading and researching and trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong! Sheesh!

edited for spelling.....creton is a pork spread, I shoulda known that, since my memere made it....

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but have already hads some laughs reading other posts. My favorite ways to save money are to make almost all the food for my truckdriving DH to take on the road. His doctor couldn't believe he was over the road and lost 20 lbs, health and wealth. The other is every 2 wks or so I boil up a pound or two of whatever dry beans are cheapest and mix all leftovers with them for my chickens. They love their beans and it is reasonable source of protein for them. I hope chicks don't get gas!

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
does anyone have the"recipe" for liquid clothes detergent scent free? thanx