What kind and how many animals do you have?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I think I remember BYC having a 'how many chickens do we all have thread', but over here we have all sorts of animals.

I can't keep track of all these animals that everyone has anymore! So what do you all own? (Or what all owns you?)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aw geez...

I own

2 Horses [Mylie is my 4 year old Fresian/QH cross mare and she's the biggest scaredy cat on the planet, and Luna is our 10 year old QH cross pony mare, she was a rescue and she has a big attitude]
2 Goats [Cissy & Mione]
9 Chickens [5 Easter Eggers and 4 Red Hens]
3 Ducks [Buff Orp Ducks]
4 Miniature Poodles [Lulu, Quesa, Peaches, Kitty]
1 Shihpoo [Ginny]
1 Miniature Labradoodle [Nacho]

We're expecting 2 litters of puppies too, so probably in about a week we'll have 9 more dogs LOL as Quesa and Peaches are pregnant. Did I mention I HATE puppies?

I am owned BY

1 NASTY cat, Accio..

nachoacciofight.gif

You know the saying, "dogs have owners, cats have staff" its not a lie.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am the proud conservator of:

2 horses - Libby (QH filly, coming 2 years old in the next few mos) & Pissy (10 yr old QH mare with anger issues - we got her from a rescue)
2 Goats - Annie & Emmie (Annie is my 3 year old Alpine, retired due to a nasty case of mastitis that left her udder riddled with lumps & bumps. Emmie is her 1/2 Boer daughte, and has been bred for the first time and hopefully due to kid in June)
Also, approximately 25 chickens - my faves are Mr. McNugget (who will soon reign over his own flock), Chicken "Little" (young hen, just started laying some beautiful if not tiny green eggs, Ozzy (White Polish Crested Roo), Roxanne, Raven & Ruby - my little trio of sexlink pullets.
And The Pork Chop - the pig who thinks he's a hunter/jumper horse.
Additionally, I have Scooby, a shepherd mix, Champ who is my epileptic special needs/special ed English Bulldog (who I love, love, love to peices) & sweet Bella, my American Bulldog (& Champ's guardian angel who watches over him and alerts me when he is having a seizure). Last but not least is Cat Blue, my head of mouse and other unwanted critter patrol.

I forgot about my ducks! We have a trio of Pekins... 2 drakes & a Hen... not the combination I planned :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have for our entertaining pleasure.......

3 red sexlink hens
1 bantam rock roo
1 Jack Russell terror, oops I mean terrier. Best dog we've ever had.

I'm thinking/wanting/gonna get a few more chickens of different origins and for different purposes-I hope

oh, then there's that darn cat that was once the neighbors, but liked us better. They've since moved, but forgot to take the cat. Meanest thing on four legs and will bite-thankfully declawed.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
-10 hens
-3 guineas
-2 roosters
-4 dogs; Artie, Frida, Kojak and Eldee
-2 leopard geckoes

And a goat on my wishlist!

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
We have for our entertaining pleasure.......

3 red sexlink hens
1 bantam rock roo
1 Jack Russell terror, oops I mean terrier. Best dog we've ever had.

I'm thinking/wanting/gonna get a few more chickens of different origins and for different purposes-I hope

oh, then there's that darn cat that was once the neighbors, but liked us better. They've since moved, but forgot to take the cat. Meanest thing on four legs and will bite-thankfully declawed.
That's funny, OF! :gig I used to have a Jack Russell Terrorist!!! :lol:

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Golden Retriever- soon to be bred, so dog # will change, can't wait!
Black cat- a drop off who stayed
15 chickens- just lost one a few weeks ago to a tough molt?
And apparently an unknown number of stinkin' mice. :rant

ETA- not giving the names or you'll have all my passwords, lol!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
- Around 80 chickens (working on developing breeding of BA, GLW, CW, BO, Cochin, Brabanters, and Langshans for this season)
- 2 trios of Bourbon Red turkey
- 15 ducks (breeding WH, KC, and runners)
- 1 pair Embden geese
- 4 mini Rex rabbits (that just became 21)
- 5 dogs (2 ****zu, a maltepoo, and 2 mutts)
- 2 fat cats
- 1 piggie (boarding at QA's house until B-day)

Lets not mention the chicks coming in April. :rolleyes:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of my cat..

I was making up feed for the horses at the counter and then I heard the familiar clicking of the propane stove lighting a burner... and noticed Accio had lit a burner on the stove and was now standing on the griddle that burner was going to heat.

SIGH, he's trying to kill us you know.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Speaking of my cat..

I was making up feed for the horses at the counter and then I heard the familiar clicking of the propane stove lighting a burner... and noticed Accio had lit a burner on the stove and was now standing on the griddle that burner was going to heat.

SIGH, he's trying to kill us you know.
:lol:
My 2 cats tossed 3 hay bales down off the trailer and right in front of the rabbit cages. Who are they trying to kill? :gig