What line of work are you in?

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am a part-time music professor at a small college, a part-time professional freelance musician, and a part-time stay-at-home dad and homemaker. And a part-time waster of time on the internet. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok let's see, what do I do...hmmm...

I am all of the following:
Secretary, housekeeper, teacher, cook, mother, gardener, financial advisor, chicken farmer and book keeper.

That is just a simple list of my duties as wife and mother. My husband and I are both Stay at home parents. We work from the home for ourselves and sometimes we don't have a lot, other times we have a surplus!

It's a great life! And we both get to see the kids grow up!

My husband is all of the following:
mechanic, carpenter, cook, roofer, plumber, principal (we home school), landscaper, turkey farmer, and housekeeper. (We normally do all of the household chores together).

On top of that we sell on eBay and at flea markets when we can to supplement our income.

ETA: my husband is also the milk man :gig Long standing joke here, he worked for a dairy farm and he is a trained herdsman. He is also the family goater :gig

ldburton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am a part-time secretary/bookkeeper and have several work from home careers. I am a seamstress/tailor. I homeschooled my 4 children for 18 years. My parents lived with us for 12 of those years due to their health and financial needs so I can include experience with many home health and office of aging duties. I love doing things with my poultry and garden and pets. I adopted 2 golden retrievers when my youngest moved out on his own. My husband farms, electrician, mechanic, etc. and supports/tolerates my efforts.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
scrambledmess said:
I am a part time Emergency Room nurse. I love my job! LOVE IT! I almost wish I could be working full time. Unfortunately, I am not young enough, anymore, to work that job full time. It really can be draining, both physically and emotionally.

I am also a homeschooling mama. I work weekends and school through the week. We are just now taking the long road to self-sufficiency. We are hoping to provide for our family and to teach our children hard work, family and morals ;)
Scrambledmess, I floated to the ER a few times & you are right about the emotional draining. I requested not to float there any more it was just too much for me. I preferred to stay on the surgical floor & I floated to OB & day surgery. Those were my cup of tea. I miss the work but not the administration garbage & all the paperwork.

Latest posts