what to do when your spouse doesn't "get it"...ss that is!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
Valmom,

I wish I had the answer! My husband is addicted to papertowels! He leaves wads of them all over the place!

I'm getting to the point that I just want to beat him on the head with my shoe. LOL
I thought my dh was the only one who leaves them wadded up EVERYWHERE. :he But he cleans and vacuums and does the dishes, I just have to pick up used papertowels...

As for the shoe thing.....I have always wondered what stilettos were good for. Now I know!:smack

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know....my ex was addicted to smoking pot. I never said anything about it, but I just threw it away every time I found it. Everytime I found any pipes or bowls~out in the trash. Any pot? Down the toilet. He never said a word but kept trying to find more inventive places to hide it....that never worked. Finally, I just threw him out with his "stash"! :lol:

You could try taking them and hiding them each time he buys a new roll, donating them to a shelter, using them for mulch, etc. Just make sure they disappear each time he brings a roll home. No towels, no addiction. I wouldn't, however, get to the point of tossing him out for this low level addiction! :lol: :lol:

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I suppose paper towel use is better than some faults;)

I don't even own a pair of stiletto heels- I'd kill myself in them. Barn boots, now- those I have!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Just stick with it....my hubby has gotten over his paper towel addiction and now we don't buy any. The last pack of napkins I bought for the kid's birthday parties is still half full so I consider that pretty good. My parents know now that we don't have any in the house and THEY BRING THEIR OWN when they come to visit. They actually bring their own paper towel addiction with them when they travel. My granny keeps a roll in her car. I have just stopped using them and so have my kids and eventually the hubby will come around. Mine did!

Keep the faith.....slowly the evil plan will work!!! We'll convert him with the rest of us! I've even got my husband building fencing for a garden, buying more chickens and planning a bigger coop! He also wants to get a cow and goats! He actually looked at me the other day and said "Can we not buy commercially raised meat anymore?" :weee

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
My inlaws always bring their own paper "napkins" when they visit. They were a little taken aback that we only have "paper towels"- the kind on a roll. At least I have gotten moved away from the paper napkin. (they also like paper plates and cups- both of which they tend to bring when they visit. So, I know where the habit comes from.) But, I love my in-laws, and my MIL is a wonderful person who I really do have a lot in common with.

Reaction score
keljonma said:
I love to take books out of the library that are about eco-building, recycling, ss ideas. I leave them out on the coffee table for the two weeks I have them. Every now and then, dh will say something that I know he got from one of those books.

Keep on the path.... you'll get there... ;)

edited for spelling
Put the books next to the toilet. Never known a guy that didn't like to read while taking a dump.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait!!! I got it! WRITE ss tips on each paper towel on the roll, along with environmental impact facts and figures!!

I used to write such things on my ex's cigs and put them back in the pack. Made him soooo mad! :lol: Notice the word "ex! :cool: