What to do with all that milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does any of you make blue cheese? I'm curious what it would be like made with goat's milk, if it's possible? Goat's milk cheese is so nice and blue cheese is… Let's just say you can catch me in a trap with that stuff!
I am a blue cheese lover - but have not tried to make it. The place that I buy my culture from has a culture to make a "moldy" type cheese. I may get some of that culture the next time I order.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have made cheddar cheese, drunken goat cheese, mozzarella, feta, chevre, farmers (I do like the farmers with garlic and basil on crackers tho...!:clap) I have over 34 recipes (different types of cheeses) and hubby made me a wonderful cheese press to help me try it. I will do Parm, manchego and a few others this year just building my stash for it. My coworkers LOVE IT.
I am in AWE of all that you do! Do you get your recipes off of a website? If so, could you post a link? I don't want to ask you to type up 34 different recipes, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a cheesemaking book, from the New England cheesemaking company. I just don't have milk, lol. Blue cheese though, no thanks! I am a huge cheddar and feta fan, can't wait to try making them both!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I spent most of last year scouring the interwebs for them. They are all over the place from pintrest to forums and so on. I did not share earlier because... "greedy" hahaha but I will see if I can find them digitally. I had them in a notebook app on my phone.