What to do with all that milk!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That DOES sound good. I love cheese sticks like that. My DD & DgrD would even eat those I bet. You could probably use to stuff jalapenos....can prep & freeze for later.

FREE.:weee

And those rascals are expensive in frozen food!

I'll get my mozzarella, ricotta & cheese logs all made up this Summer & Fall. I do not like to milk in freezing temps. So try to dry them off about Christmas. Jan & Feb can be pretty icy here. Wasn't this year but, normally our coldest time.

If this thread doesn't make you want a milk goat, nothing will. :lol:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, how is the cheese making etc going?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM, how is the cheese making etc going?
You might have to ask my DH! The last two batches he made alllll by himself! We've got cheese in the freezer, cheese in the fridge, and we'll probably make some more with tonight's milk. Cheese does not take as much room in the freezer or fridge!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is awesome! I have 4.5 gallons in freezer of milk and 2.5 in fridge now that I am weaning BOTH kids. I really want to make cheese but, time... And then waiting the 3 months for it to age is HARD for my DH. I think he has gotten to the point of ignoring it now lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Does any of you make blue cheese? I'm curious what it would be like made with goat's milk, if it's possible? Goat's milk cheese is so nice and blue cheese is… Let's just say you can catch me in a trap with that stuff!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a recipe for blue cheese but my stomach can not handle the idea. I don't actually like cheese.... :hide yet I enjoy making it :lol:

I have made cheddar cheese, drunken goat cheese, mozzarella, feta, chevre, farmers (I do like the farmers with garlic and basil on crackers tho...!:clap) I have over 34 recipes (different types of cheeses) and hubby made me a wonderful cheese press to help me try it. I will do Parm, manchego and a few others this year just building my stash for it. My coworkers LOVE IT.