what will you do with your "extra hour"?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
For those of us who set our clocks back tonight, what will you do with your extra hour? Sleep? (I wish) Get some extra work around the house or yard done?
I think we are staying up an hour later and watching a movie as a family. What I really should be doing is making bread for the week instead of doing it tomorrow afternoon.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Sleep!!!!!!!!

(!!!!!!!!, !!!!, !!!!!!!!!!!, ! :))

I hate when daylight savings ends, though. I can't get hardly any work done outdoors with little kids, so I really rely on that precious hour or hour and a half between DH getting home and my having to be in making dinner. I need that to be DAYLIGHT, darnit! It's not too bad right now -- tomorrow, loss of useful daylight will coincide with when I'd have had to come in and start dinner anyhow -- but in a few weeks we get into territory where I could be out WORKING if it weren't stupid standard time. Harrumph! By Dec 21 it will be getting dark when DH comes home from work shortly after 4 :(

I'd just as soon keep daylight savings all year round.

OTOH my husband, who leaves for work at 5:45 a.m., LIKES standard time, for obvious reasons :)

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nothing

I try not to change anything...I don't let the "hour" effect me in any way.

boring yup.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
where do we get the hour from? you get it in the morning and lose it in the evening. Its still the same daylight. :rolleyes:

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll just be able to get started an hour earlier. Use the AM daylight to make up for the PM we lost. :)

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yup its the 2nd of Nov. at 2 am which is tonight at 2 am

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It means I now get up an hour earlier to start my day. :rolleyes: So I can run to get everything done before nightfall now. :|

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
firem3 said:
where do we get the hour from? you get it in the morning and lose it in the evening. Its still the same daylight. :rolleyes:
Nevermind....