what will you do with your "extra hour"?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I will sleep!!!!! at least this year I willl be aware of it, thank you very much.

Last year we got to church an hour early. :D

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hopefully sleep but it always throws my son off when the time changes, he has such a routine.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
It takes me at least a week to get the kids back on track, I hate daylight savings :/

I'll be sleeping that extra hour - I had a very busy day cleaning out the coop, washing everything and re-filling with three bags of shavings. (I thought my hubby would be home when I was half way done :rolleyes: NOT)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, I tried to sleep that extra hour. My son did. But we forgot to tell the cats and dogs about it and they were up at their usual time. Unrelenting. FEED US ALREADY. So I got up. Did the morning chores. I am doing coffee hour at church so I got that all ready. I ended up puttering in the kitchen for a while. Grrr. This happens every year!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, my kids came in to our bedroom while it was still dark this morning (don't think it was even 6 am yet) and said "We heard a car door outside!" :rolleyes:

What they heard :smack were our goats banging around in their barn. :gig

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dang if i didn't wake up at 6 which is really 5 now and couldn't go back to sleep. so tonight we'll all be feeling this. its amazing how 1 hour throws off your whole doggone day. :/

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I have always just wondered why they can't just leave time alone.
The extra hour doesn't mean much to me.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was up at 5am wich I guess due to daylight savings was 4. Ugggg!!! The cat did not realize we were supposed to sleep in. I stuck with my usual routine. When finished I was ahead by an hour worked out great. I hate the early eviening dark though. Just my .02

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah, leave it to the Federal government to mess with time itself. The chickens don't care if it's daylight savings time or not, and I can adjust what time I get up and go to bed, on my own.

Just another excuse to try and micromanage our lives. :mad: IMAO