what will you do with your "extra hour"?

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What extra hour? I tried to sleep but the chickens decided to go on a laying frenzy very early this morning and of course had to announce it to the neighborhood.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Try to stay awake? I refuse to go to bed at 9pm. I have to at least make it till 10pm. :(
Same here. I made dinner without giving the time much thought. It was ready by 5:00!! Not the norm around here, believe me! Luckily I had a letter to write and that extra time came in handy. I guess I did do something useful with the time after all!

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah my son was to sleep by 6:45 then woke up at 9 when his brother got home, the dog has to announce it to the whole house she is glad to see him. I never got him back to sleep till 11:30 :barnie I would have been happy to be in bed at 9:30.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
WE don't do daylight savings time here, there is only 1 small area that does in our state & it is up on a reservation way up northeast corner. The only reason they do it is so that the kids are not standing outside in the dark waiting for the bus & then getting off the bus in the dark too. And these kids are very poor so they have to walk to their houses in the dark. So they changed it. When we first moved here my parents did not realize they did not have to change back the clocks so they changed them before we went to bed that night & got up early & went to either Church or school & no one was there yet!! :idunno When we went back home & my mom called someone they told her we didn't observe daylight savings time & she was floored! :lol: My brother & I just laughed it off.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I wish we didn't do it either! I hate that it gets dark at 5:30 pm!!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
5:30? It gets dark here at 4:30 (technically sunset tonight is 4:20 pm). But that's fine with me, it's the real time, and winter is the dark time of year. I hated even more having the sun come up at 7:30 am instead of 6:30. It's supposed to be light in the morning, not at night! ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
5:30? It gets dark here at 4:30 (technically sunset tonight is 4:20 pm). But that's fine with me, it's the real time, and winter is the dark time of year. I hated even more having the sun come up at 7:30 am instead of 6:30. It's supposed to be light in the morning, not at night! ;)
Well that's true. Guess I wouldn't mind it so much if I was going to bed when it was dark and up at first light.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm with ticks! Leave it alone, why don't ya'? God did just fine when he created the day and the night....leave it up to man to not be satisfied with that and try to manipulate it to his own ends! :rolleyes:

Personally? To get up with the animals and go to bed with the animals seems like a good, healthy, natural plan and I could really get into it....just need to get the rest of the world on board! :D

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Here it is getting dark @ 5:30 too so don't feel bad. What I hate is that in the summer it can still be light at 8pm some nights.