what will you do with your "extra hour"?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
I wish we didn't do it either! I hate that it gets dark at 5:30 pm!!
Here it is getting dark @ 5:30 too so don't feel bad. What I hate is that in the summer it can still be light at 8pm some nights.
I know! Do you know how hard it is to get kids to go to bed when it is still LIGHT OUT!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you don't like that Quail?
me I love light til 9 pm easily...means I can feed later and such not being in the dark. LOL

The hour diff. doesn't effect me, just never did. I do what I have too, but light time is better than dark time for outside critter chores.

I don't have a problem with Nicole sleeping cause I wear her butt so tired with barn chores that she WANTS sleep by at least 8-9 pm...LOL...being I have only 1 it is alot easier..HA HA..and she is young.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
you don't like that Quail?
me I love light til 9 pm easily...means I can feed later and such not being in the dark. LOL

The hour diff. doesn't effect me, just never did. I do what I have too, but light time is better than dark time for outside critter chores.

I don't have a problem with Nicole sleeping cause I wear her butt so tired with barn chores that she WANTS sleep by at least 8-9 pm...LOL...being I have only 1 it is alot easier..HA HA..and she is young.
Wish that worked with my one and only. He is busy busy busy all the time but when summer comes and it's still light he wants nothing to with going to bed.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh I like that I have more light to do the outside chores, yes, but no matter how much I wear the kiddos out, they don't sleep in as long as I would like them to! No matter how busy we are in the day, no matter if I keep them up to 10 pm, they are up at 5 am!!!!!!!!!!! Drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow guys I am the fortunate one.
Nicole loves her sleep...LOL...definitely lucky me! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Richard fights going to bed, but he will sleep in, Danielle on the other hand really fights going to bed at night. And if it is light out we are not supposed to go to bed when the sun is still up!! What do you mean it is bedtime????