what would you do different

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i am kinda new and dont know if this topic came up before but here goes.my wife bought lottery tickets today and ask what i would do if we won. i told her nothing i would no change much thtas why i dont buy them. last spring i walked out to my favorite fishing spot with my golden retriever and a couple of beer caught my limit of nice walley and asked my dog i wounder what the rich people are doing today. i would not trade that time for anything money can buy. this forum and my life as self sufficent as it is makes me rich.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Awesome attitude :D

I wouldn't do much different either. I would just have to use less duct tape because I could afford to have things repaired properly :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
If I hit the lottery...that we don't play...I would buy a HUGE piece of land so I could have a farm. I would have an indoor pool and a maid!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
PP, you are a riot!!! :lol: I like the maid idea!!

If I had money?

Buy a farm in the Blue Grass Valley, VA, of course, and live like I do now but with the extra money to repair old cars and tractors and such.

Help my kids with a similar venture.

Set up a fund for single mothers who need car repairs and home repairs, but can't afford them.

Adopt about 6 foster care kids and show them The Way...Love for God, SS, organic, debt free, no stress livin'.

After those are grown, repeat the process!

Go off grid, of course, with solar and wind, build my strawbale/cob home and barns.

Give most of it away when I see a worthy cause.

And never have to work outside my farm again.....ever! :D

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
If it were just up to me (not DH), I would pay off our mortgage (about $100k), rebuild the garage, put another $1-200k or so in an emergency fund, and give the remainder away to a good well-vetted charity. Probably for children or animals.

DH's list would run something more like "buy a Ferarri, quit job, and spend rest of life sitting at computer playin' on internet and on sofa watching deluxe million-channel satellite" :p

However I don't do lotteries and never will - I think it's an unfair idiot tax, mostly tending to take money away from those who can least afford it and least understand what they're doing.

Pat

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
In my indoor pool area I want one of those new wave things that you boogy board on!!! :lol:
If money were no object I would also put in some waterslides and a lazy river!!!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Forget the maid, I think you need a pool boy.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
win the lottery
wow that would be cool

I play the lottery and I am hoping to win....yea, alot of hoping!

If I won big:

sell this home and build on my farm property...a great house but not overkill of course.

a maid, doubt it....I would love one but I kinda don't like people in my house...LOL...I would have to think hard on it..LOL

pool boy, yes, yes, yes

pay off all my families debts. pay off their homes, cars, etc. and some great cousins, friends, etc. I have. they would all be taken care of.

buy a hummer....always wanted one.....Tony would get a nice truck.

improve the farm cause I would still work the farm.

take a few great vacations.

take care of my kids future

buy my horses for me and Nicole and buy new tack etc.

some to charity that we would decide on.

I guess that is about it.....not much more. One thing I know would be great from winning the lottery, is having that piece of mind the money is there and not worry about losing my home and land etc. if something happened to Tony or his job. Piece of mind, hmm...I do believe it can buy piece of mind....but we have to becareful when it comes to PEACE in your mind I guess.

oh well rambling.......I just get carried away with thinking of winning the lottery!!!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
inchworm said:
Forget the maid, I think you need a pool boy.
Nope, definetly a maid! I have enough testosterone around here already!!!!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
1.Pay off all our debt first.

2. buy a new vehicle for me(hybrid of course)

3. build new shop & barn & pens & fencing

4. install solar power here for everything

5. build on 40 acres up north & get it all set up, plus buy some more land up there around us. Build a guest house so company does not have to stay in the house with us 24/7 up there too.

6. college funds for youngest 2 children & enough for ds#1 to finsih his degree(maybe help out ds's dgf with school too).

7.hire a maid & nanny(to help with dd while we get schoolwork done).

8.dh says he would have his truck put in the shop & go thu it all with a fine tooth comb & make all the repairs needed, although I think he might be inclined to buy a new one after he thought about it some more & keep this one for a farm truck.

9.give some to parents & put a little bit into trust accts for nieces & nephews for school. Help parents with paying off debts too if they need it.(both sets)

10. buy my brother a tropical island(his dream) & set him up for life with a trust also.

11.dh said he would hire a chef to give me some days off from cooking too!

12.hire someone to really come in & make my garden a very fertile organic space(weed free)! LOL

13.give some to help church building fund for new building & to get the school built too.

14.give to the national kidney foundation as they were awesume when my dm & db had their transplants.

I am sure there are some little things else we would do & maybe a nother charity or 2 we would give to.