what would you do different

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
CAll me when you are ready, lori! :D I have always wanted to whitewater!!! I couldn't get anyone to go with me...thought it was too dangerous! That is on my list of "To do before I die" things...among sky diving, learning to surf, and going on a cattle round up.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We live around a big lake. I would buy some lake front property and a lot of acres and build a bed and breakfast or hunting lodge. Whichever sounds like it will bring in more customers. I would spend my days gardening, hunting, fishing, playing games with the kids around and just soaking up the sun, wind, rain or snow. My husband would definately be on board for all that. Oh, I want a row boat to just sit in the water and read a book.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I would LOVE to go white water rafting!! My soccer coach, also my boys Ranger leader, said he woud plan a trip to go in the fall but I am not sure if I can go because I will still be nursing the baby.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sky diving

yikes BEE you could never get me to voluntarily jump OUT of a plane! :ep

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Hehe! I am not even sure you could get me ON a plane let alond JUMP off!!
We took a cruise one year. We had to fly to FL...I threw up the WHOLE way!! We took a week long cruise with all 4 boys and had a wonderful time but ask them what they remember and they will tell you that Mom threw up on the plane the whole way....not the dolphins, the beach, the shows, food, etc!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There is one really good thing about sky diving or a plane induced death....its not likely that you will be an invalid or a veggie lying somewhere needing constant help. There is a goodly chance that you will be standing at the Pearly Gates if anything goes wrong! :D

Since I'm ready to go any time the Lord sees fit, I don't have to fear doing the "certain death" kind of adventures.....see how it all fits? ;) Pure and simple peace of mind and freedom to fall. Lovely! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We were supposed to do the lower Gauley, which is for beginners, it has class 3 and below rapids. We got there and we were the only ones booked for that trip and they didn't have enough people to fill the boat. They told us that they would not charge us any extra if we wanted to do the upper Gauley, class 3-6 rapids, but we had to decide right then cause they were finishing up their training class and leaving in 20 minutes. Well, I said heck yeah! We had no prep whatsoever and had to jump into a wetsuit and climb on a rickety old school bus. Once we got to the back of the bus one of the guides brought us all of the release forms to sign and gave us a crash course in rafting. Chad looked at me the whole time we were riding the bus to the river and saying "we just signed our death certificate. We are going to die on our honeymoon. How can you be so excited when we're gonna die!?!"

It wasn't so bad...the first rapid we hit was a class 6 and when we got done Chad looked at me and said "that wasn't so bad after all! This is great!"

We both said that we wanted to do it again...just can't seem to find the time or money...you're welcome to come with us Bee and Pam!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Since I'm ready to go any time the Lord sees fit, I don't have to fear doing the "certain death" kind of adventures.....see how it all fits? Pure and simple peace of mind and freedom to fall.

***LOL

not me, I am fighting tooth and nail and with a 3 1/2 year old kid I can't go yet, and I don't want to go, ever...I can wait!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You don't want to go to Heaven....ever? :p Never, ever?

I can't wait!!! Never to be sad again or to feel pain? To feel boundless energy and see more clearly than you've ever seen? To finally know all the reasons why? :) I'm sooooooo there!