What ya got left for Christmas?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am just about done, need to pick up some movie tix for two nephews and a couple more little random doodads, but I am 95% done shopping. Just started decorating should finish tomorrow since today is too busy to wrap it up.

I wanted to be done by Dec 1 but started too late. Still, I will be able to focus more on family fun rather than fighting the crowds and holiday headaches! :woot

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
We're pretty much done. We're sending homemade sausage to my family in MT and we do a holiday floral arrangement for his folks in OR so I still need to call that in.

Then I just had an idea for stocking stuffers for MyT Man. He gets the munchies and just has to have his sweets. I hate making them for him because I like to nibble so I'm going to find the premade mix recipes while I'm sitting here today and make him up a bunch of those so he can make his treats himself!

I'm also remembering those cute little pie in a jar things. I need to look those up today too! They'd be good for a couple of friends.

Tree is up and this year, we put the lighted village underneath the tree since the presents never seem to make it under there! When you're an adult and don't have kids... you don't have to wait til Christmas to open your presents!!! :bun :woot

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We need to get the Christmas tree (a real one this year). Decorations are all ready to go.

I have some big sheets of paper and I want to takl them up on a wall and paint a fireplace on them, and hang the stockings there. (If I don't, stockings will hang right on the tree)

I have some details to finish on a quilt.

I have two gifts left to buy.

That's about it... :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a cardboard "fireplace", still in the box. Wonder how much it would cost to ship to you.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Christmas? Huh?

We, or myself, have not done diddly squat. Snow? I want SUMMER! I'm not ready!
Bah humbug!!

I have decided the items I will get for people, but I haven't gotten any of it yet.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I just started to clean up the mantel from all the stuff I had up there to dry.
I will decorate for christmas for my family and because I have some very good memories around it. There is also a lot of goodwill going around this time of year and I like that.

I will be going to a Solstice ritual this year. No gifts to exchange, just honoring the goddess and good food provided and shared by all.

I am making cookies for gifts this year as well as my usual homemade goodies.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have done nothing - just can't wrap my head around it this year. Guess I'll bake some cookies, get some gift cards, etc. Luckily no small children to buy for and our families don't go all out with expensive gifts.
I haven't decorated in 4 or 5 years. Bah Hum Bug.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is sort of a bah-humbug year for me. I'm doing no decorating at all. Of course our floor is torn apart in the living room and we need to get the hardwood installed. So I really can't decorate anyway.

We are not exchanging adult gifts. So we don't have to buy for any adults. Then DH and I decided that we aren't going to give individual child gifts either. We are going to put together a family basket of homemade items such as jelly and hot cocoa mix and mixes to make bread or something along with the book, "Quick-Fix Healthy Mix," by Casey Kellar and Nicole Kellar-Munoz. We are hoping to encourage my family to start storing food and making their own food instead of buying prepackaged. We are also tired of spending a lot of money on nieces and nephews (we have no children).

I also don't bake cookies or anything since no one is willing to "come all the way out" to our home.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Pretty much everything! We don't really start this early. We have an Advent wreath and DS made some paper chains. DH and I did take advantage of DS sleeping over Grandma's the other night and did some shopping. We'll probably get the tree next weekend and decorate during the following week. Not sweating it either. This is how we always do it!

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I have a cardboard "fireplace", still in the box. Wonder how much it would cost to ship to you.
Oh my... the memories that came flooding back. When I was a kid (late 50's, early 60's) we had a cardboard fireplace. Last year I was able to make it home for Christmas (first time in 18 years), we sat around looking at old Christmas pictures and there were plenty that were in front of that cardboard fireplace! LOL

Thanks for the memories
Fancy