What's everyone doing for "earth day?"

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
When I went to Vitamin Cottage, they gave me a free reusable shopping bag for Earth Day. Of course, it is made out of petroleum products.... so now I am confused.

Kinda of like how you feel when an endangered eagle eats an endangered black footed ferret.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I don't have anything to ad, all I can say is you guys crack me up!

:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Wifezilla said:
Mmmmmmm......whhhaaalllllleeeee. Abi needs some. She is 1/4 Japanese after all...
*serves up a big plate for Abi*

um.. so do you want some extra mercury with that? i can crack open some of this stupid flickering florescent lights and just pour it right on top?
Mmmmmm! Blubber.

Well lit blubber.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Ummm, ofg, didn't you have a post office/truck incident a while back? Leaving locals pointing and staring and snickering? Seems to me....some time ago, involving a curb or something....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got the pleasure of tossing a bunch of styrofoam and plastic into a HUUGGGGGGEE trash can at work today! Mother Earth should LOVE that!

OFG I locked my keys in my truck today too so don't feel bad. Mine wasn't running though :hu I did have to have hubby come with the spare set to unlock it.....ironic...I was directly across the street from the post office...hmmmmm. :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Picked narsty empty beer cans up off my dirt road that the rain water brings from who knows where (OFG? :p) and added to recycling bin...AGAIN. :/

Took what doesn't fit into my curbside recycling bin to the recycling center...AGAIN! (Where does it all come from???)

Collected compost (a daily thing) in the kitchen in a cute crock with a lid...which the ants have discovered. :rolleyes:

Gathered even more dusty-hairy (ST. BERNARDS!) dryer lint balls to make more fire starters with the millions of tp tubes that seem to multiply like rabbits around here. :rolleyes:

Shivered in the garden planting pumpkin seeds and onion sets in the rain. (Well I had to get them in!)

Pushed a reel push mower over the side yard, where the sheep aren't allowed...tried to pretend I was on the biggest loser, didn't make it any easier. :/

Got the big brown out for a ride. If it weren't for that (gassless) perk, being an environmentalist kinda sucks. :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I gotta hear more about the dog hair toilet roll fire starters......:pop

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Told some good friends about some fencing on the neighbors curb that could help their garden. They rushed over to get it and we all hung out for the evening.
I also picked some fresh Romaine & Buttercrunch lettuce and baby turnip greens for dinner. Yummm

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
While Wannabefree was at church this morning, I snuck over and picked the plastic out of her giant trash can...so she could have more room. ;) Your welcome! :lol: Sorry, it is a bad habit of mine. I'm an avid recycler, even though I don't enjoy it.

Firestarters: add dryer lint, and a broken crayon or a chunk of an old candle stuffed into toilet paper tubes. Easy peasy. To light I add a tuft of used news paper, or junk mail in one end and light that.

Happy Easter y'all!