Whats for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of my favorites, Crack Slaw with ground bison. I bought a cabbage @ summer in the country fest this morning. Easy one pot wonder for me to cook in my one and only cast iron skillet and lid (that's my skillet only).

IMG_20180609_182419947.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That really looks good! I love one dish meals like that - especially if it's got cabbage!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I make a similar dinner, only I use sausage instead of ground beef-- andouille is especially nice.

Last night, I made Tourtiere (a canadian pork pie), low carb style with mashed cauliflower instead of potato, and a crust of almond meal and egg. Delicious!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I make a similar dinner, only I use sausage instead of ground beef-- andouille is especially nice.

Last night, I made Tourtiere (a canadian pork pie), low carb style with mashed cauliflower instead of potato, and a crust of almond meal and egg. Delicious!

That sounds really good with sausage too. I made ours with ground bison instead of ground beef. We have a bison ranch about 45 mins away that also has a USDA processing,we've come to really like bison meat. It's very lean and grass feed and finished l, so it's lean and delicious.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a great thing to have that close. A bison ranch! I have had it a few times and it is very good.