What's for dinner?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
Deep-fried fish, steamed rice, sliced tomatoes with fish sauce for dipping, and a big glass of pineapple juice.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

View attachment 4498
A clear noodle called "palabok" with deep fried pork, shrimps, squid with ink. drained it down with pineapple juice

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 4498
Creamy soup, Coronavirus scare is very imminent, we need to save food. because of the scare. guys? be careful.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've been wanting a burger for the past few days. i have one a month or so. today i thawed out some and fried up a big patty with garlic salt and that was it. nothing else on it.

as a side i also thawed out some roasted red peppers i had packed in a pint jar and ate half of those. they're still good and like eating candy they are so sweet. i cut them into chunks and roast them on a large cookie sheet until they get a bit of black on the edges and then while they are still hot i pack them into clean jars and use a good budget lid that has been warmed up so they seal up. they keep in the freezer for a few years.

since i didn't use all the ground beast up i fried up what was left so it could be used for something else. when Mom got home she said she was glad because she just brought a jar of spaghetti sauce from a friend who wasn't going to use it. we make our own sauce all the time so it is really odd for us to even have a jar in the house of it. she'll make the spaghetti and take it back to the friend who doesn't cook that much any more next time she visits.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 4498
We cooked chicken soup. steamed rice, Avocado juice, and lots and lots of water so we can be protected against the Ncov 19.

Latest posts