What's for dinner?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Leftover chili mixed with leftover bone broth soup. served over spaghetti squash for DS14 and topped with sour cream and crushed tortilla chips for DS6
Steamed broccoli that had been a sad limp mess languishing in the fridge.
2 packages blackberries for DS6, green grapes for me
Leftover homemade pizza for DH

:hu

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of nutrition. These calcium pill the doctor prescribed are making me super sick and bloated. At what point do I stop? Doctor says it’s “normal” but I’m not sure.
Curry was a huge success! Desert was yougurt (to meet my protein requirements) and Apple Jacks!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Speaking of nutrition. These calcium pill the doctor prescribed are making me super sick and bloated. At what point do I stop? Doctor says it’s “normal” but I’m not sure.
oooo, calcium pills are a very interesting topic! You would need to know how much you consume and how much you need to make a decision. The good news is that it's not going to affect your baby's health. The calcium supplement is to protect your bone health. If you are deficient in calcium during pregnancy, babies will get the calcium stored in your bones. https://www.bones.nih.gov/health-info/bone/bone-health/pregnancy

Calcium in plant foods is said to be better absorbed than that in dairy and supplements. That's a topic worth investigating.
53469655e2297705f319b66736a87a70.jpg

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The good news is that it's not going to affect your baby's health. The calcium supplement is to protect your bone health. If you are deficient in calcium during pregnancy, babies will get the calcium stored in your bones.
That’s what my doctor was worried about, that the two of them would start stealing my calcium and I would break a hip or something 🤣. I am thankful for that list of foods. I may try them instead of the stupid pills.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Were you deficient to start? Like @tortoise said these are mainly for you and not the babies. I didn't do any pills when I had the girls, I just bulked up on all the good stuff and limited the junk (or for me cravings). I think you could find enough calcium in whole foods than having to suffer with the pills. If your body is telling you it doesnt like something by making you sick, I would listen to your body.