What's for dinner?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t know what I’ll make for dinner. We ordered pizza last night because the kids got flu shots without me having to restrain anyone (except the 2 year old but he’s 2 so… yeah) but I definitely am not making pork. Sorry to those who love AGH, but I do not like AGH meat and that’s all I have in the freezer🤢 considering a switch back to full size pigs…

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night i wanted some soup so i used up a few tiny onions by slicing them added a bit of water and then nuked for two minutes, then i added mushroom soup, some cream cheese spread, some milk, and a shot of hot sauce. stirred, warmed up, stirred again, topped with some cheddar cheese chex mix. voila! :) who says i can't cook?! haha! :)

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Making bread with 1/2 sprouted wheat and 1/2 white wheat. Just put in oven to rise. Not sure what I'll make to go with it. Maybe pizza fondue, or Sloppy Joe's. Hamburgers on homemade buns would be good too.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My AGH pork has been awesome! But -- for some fish is and I don't like. So, ok!!

I haven't had a sloppy joe in years! Maybe will soon. Try it again, right?

would just like to change from the usual. Maybe chili or sloppy joe. Anyone tried any of these dishes with coon?
For me, a coon would be a change from the usual! :lol: No doubt I have eaten it. Maybe 65 yrs ago? Grandad hunted most of their meat, so coon, groundhog, rabbit, squirrel, venison...something might be on the menu. 😁 I relocated 3 nice groundhogs a couple months ago....eating came to mind but, quickly left it!!!!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Okay we have a few meals ahead of us planned with killing a few roosters and then DH killed two rabbits today. Really had to come to the orchard to harvest and there is a raccoon in the trap. I was just talking about changing up the cooking with raccoon and maybe grinding it up and making burgers or sausage now that beef is so expensive. But pretty soon we will have coon on the menu. I would just like to change from the usual. Maybe chili or sloppy joe. Anyone tried any of these dishes with coon?

We didnt have racoons down where I grew up. I'd assume it would be similar to bear with it's diet. Bear is greasy, though, so have to drain a lot off when browning the burger.

We used all meat as just meat. Deer and elk just need a bit of fat when making steaks. Bear was always ground.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
last night i wanted some soup so i used up a few tiny onions by slicing them added a bit of water and then nuked for two minutes, then i added mushroom soup, some cream cheese spread, some milk, and a shot of hot sauce. stirred, warmed up, stirred again, topped with some cheddar cheese chex mix. voila! :) who says i can't cook?! haha! :)
Oh boy. Flower, I just need you to know that even I eat better than that. Chex mix and soup, really? If the lady carrying twins is disappointed... :lol: :lol: :lol: (only kidding). Though I haven't been single since I was 16, so someone has always been around to feed me.

Tonight is chilli and cinnamon rolls!! I'm so excited! Dad is cooking today.