What's for dinner?

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much of meat eater here too. Mostly eat organ meat, mostly from lamb. Sometimes ground beef.

Though bbq or smoked meat has an amazing aroma, but I've always found the flavor doesn't match.

I smoke peppers of all kinds every summer, and added to dishes is to me better than smoked meat, and better texture.

Going to make bread for stuffing tomorrow, and have a pie pumpkin to bake for a pie :drool!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
tonight is an easy dinner salad and sandwiches. lunch is acorn squash with this years maple syrup drizzled on.

Tomorrow will be a day of harvest foods from this year. We don't do a traditional dinner but will have some root veggies, fresh bread and a chicken that was harvested this spring. Home-grown Thanksgiving.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not much of meat eater here too. Mostly eat organ meat, mostly from lamb. Sometimes ground beef.

Though bbq or smoked meat has an amazing aroma, but I've always found the flavor doesn't match.

much of bbq (no matter what kind) for me is the skin and crunchy or nearly burned bits. :)

I smoke peppers of all kinds every summer, and added to dishes is to me better than smoked meat, and better texture.

Going to make bread for stuffing tomorrow, and have a pie pumpkin to bake for a pie :drool!

:)

i like roasted peppers quite a bit too. red peppers are so good when roasted and of course i do like chili peppers too of various kinds, but i'm not into the super hot kinds.

smoked fish i do really like, but i don't eat it very often these days.

pumpkin cheesecake is getting made this evening or tomorrow morning.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dinner seems to be a glass of red right now ;) 😁 Guess I could have some cheese & crackers. Better muster up something or I'll be asleep in an hour or so. Didn't eat lunch until 3 so I'm not real bad.

I didn't want a huge turkey tomorrow. It's still frozen. Boston butt way under a lot of meats in that freezer. Sooooo....have a lot of country pork ribs thawing! They were on top. Yeah, BBQ ribs for Thanksgiving. :lol: I'll still have collards and potatoes! Pumpkin pie goes with anything, right!? It will tomorrow! May be a new tradition.