What's for dinner?

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Made bread yesterday, and pizza last night (with onions and lots of garlic).

Still have to bake the pumpkin for pie. I think I'll use coconut cream in it.

Husband cooking venison today. Will have some potatoes, sweet potatoes, haricot verts, and whatever other veggies I think of. There's still some beets in the raised bed that sound yummy.

Hen of the Woods mushrooms going in the stuffing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
TY, I'm feeling better. I am sure I have Beriberi (vitamin B1 deficiency). I have been taking a vitamin about every hour (ends up 2x labeled dose and not overdoing any fat soluble vitamins). Also limiting food, drink, activities that deplete B1. I have a more potent and specific vitamin arriving on Monday. 😊

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So we are (finally) visiting the wife's family over Christmas. Between her heart attack and the COVID pandemic, we have only been to Mississippi twice in 3 years.

Last night, the wife and sisters were discussing if there were any dishes I might want for dinner. The culture gap was hilarious. I ended up throwing out 6 different dishes from my holidays past. Got only that's not a holiday dish, but a BBQ dish (meaty baked beans), or we don't eat that (sauerkraut related dishes, and even the classic 7 layer lettuce salad!). Lololol.

Got the explanation of the difference of dressing and stuffing (again). 😀

We were having a good laugh about the regional differences. Finally, I was still asked for a dish. I said whatever your daddy runs over on the way to to middle daughter's house for dinner would be fine. 😀 good laughs all around