What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
eggs with cheese, onions, tomatoes and ham. that was for brunch and then again for dinner when i finished off the leftovers. for dessert i had a small slice of Boston Brown Bread with butter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Meatloaf and.... Remember all that okra I dehydrated for months and months this summer? I thought we'd eat it dehydrated as a crunchy snack or in soups/gumbo. Tonight DH said he would love some fried okra. Even with fresh okra I don't fry it very often...maybe once or twice a year.

So, tonight I rehydrated some of the dehydrated okra and fried a small batch. SHOCKER - it was really, really good!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Meatloaf and.... Remember all that okra I dehydrated for months and months this summer? I thought we'd eat it dehydrated as a crunchy snack or in soups/gumbo. Tonight DH said he would love some fried okra. Even with fresh okra I don't fry it very often...maybe once or twice a year.

So, tonight I rehydrated some of the dehydrated okra and fried a small batch. SHOCKER - it was really, really good!

you could deep fry belly button lint and it would still be really good.

last night for dinner i had a few cold onion rings that were left over from lunch. they were still sort of crispy and i could have eaten all of them, but i left a few for Mom... before bed we were talking and she mentioned she finished them off which was a good thing because i might have been tempted a third or fourth time.