What's for dinner?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I soaked some lima beans over night. Then plunked them into a pot with a vac packed ham hock from '20. Simmered all day. Removed hock and separated meat. Added some leftover sliced potatoes (from a pork and potato casserole the night before), some carrots and some more spices. Simmered. Thickened with potato flakes, Served with clearance jalapeno bread from the store.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lasagna in oven. Homemade sauce, tomatoes from garden, homemade goat cheese ricotta and mozzarella, eggs from my chickens, home grown beef bought from Farmerjan....

Bought pasta at store months ago. 🤷

I have a lovely bottle of Chablis...gifted to me.

Life is full. 🥰
Put the oven on "keep warm" I'm on my way!!!

That sounds delish. I haven't even thought about what we might have.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
breakfast was the last of the tapioca pudding to hold me over while i was making 2nd breakfast, a banana split with peanut butter, peanuts and chocolate sauce. that held me from 7am until i had a bowl of noodles, cabbage and chicken, kinda like cole slaw with noodles, but it needed some vinegar, sweetness and hot sauce so i did that. Mom will eat the wimpier version. it was good. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night was simple, cut up some apples and put some peanut butter on a few slices. cooked up the rest of the apples so it is more like apple sauce. they must have been at least a year old stored apples because they weren't in very good condition (or i'd have eaten them cut up into slices).