What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does he have a kiln for it? I'd like a dual purpose kiln I could close off for making charcoal as well. I found plans for one woodburner kiln that used a rocket stove to power it.

The paint cans are for artist charcoal sticks. I'll be cutting and peeling willow to use for that.
I honestly do not know and have not seen his setup for making charcoal. I would txt him but it's kind of late since he's on the east coast. I'll try and remember to txt him tomorrow though. He only makes charcoal out of cherry or hickory which for us in the Midwest, is the bee's knees for BBQing. If I had to guess I'm thinking something with 55 gallon drums. He's a welder by trade, so who knows what he came up with? But I'll find out for you.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does he have a kiln for it? I'd like a dual purpose kiln I could close off for making charcoal as well. I found plans for one woodburner kiln that used a rocket stove to power it.

The paint cans are for artist charcoal sticks. I'll be cutting and peeling willow to use for that.

Ok I remembered 😂 not that I completely understand how it works or anything. But here's pictures and a high level explanation. I guessed partially right there is a 55 gallon drum involved.
Screenshot_20210914-212513~2.png

Screenshot_20210914-212522~2.png

Screenshot_20210914-212535~2.png

Screenshot_20210914-212615~2.png

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll ask him for you.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you ain't tried it. I reckon you might want to aught to try it.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool. Damp. Overcast. I'm putting a pot of ham & beans on to cook. Won't be ready until tomorrow but, day to start it. So...dinner is shaping up to be ham, sweet potato and brussel sprouts. Yep...Sprouts from freezer. Potatoes were canned last yr. Ham to use up, so bones and scraps can season bean pot. Today, tomorrow and freezer fill all in one effort! That time of year.:drool;)

Eta. Wrote this morning and forgot to post. But did remember to cook it!! 😁 Yummy!
May I come over for dinner? I promise you won't have leftovers.😋